Interfaith Dialouge: Too powerful?

fivexthethird

Chieftain
As holy cities have such a high resistance to being converted, you can attempt to convert them a significant amount of times. And get the (fairly large!) science bonus every time.
It probably gets even better if it's a holy city for an enhanced religion and you own it; You could just keep inquisiting the converted. I haven't actually tried that though.

To be honest, I haven't used that much

Maybe I should have given that Austria is in a much larger tech lead, and didn't found her own religion (she had converters from my own, not enough to stop her from DOWing me alas)

That's a thread title I thought I'd never see.

I think many of the belief bonuses are really close to overpowered. Then again, they're very situational to your starting point, so maybe it evens out.

In my game the bonus was 110 :c5science: the first time I tried it and then seemed to drop to around 60. Not sure how the mechanic works exactly but it hardly seems overpowered to get 25%-50% or so of your bpt a few times...

Plus you could be using Faith to spend on other stuff instead of religious shticks.

Like Great Engineers to rush Statue of Liberty/Hubble

Plus you could be using Faith to spend on other stuff instead of religious shticks.

Like Great Engineers to rush Statue of Liberty/Hubble

140 (with holy order) faith isn't that expensive, although by the time you're buying great engineers missionaries do become too expensive to do this.

140 (with holy order) faith isn't that expensive, although by the time you're buying great engineers missionaries do become too expensive to do this.

Sure, but that's for an immediate short/medium term benefit compared to saving up your faith for mass rushbuy and then getting those crucial wonders once you gotten Order (Hubble Telescope will speed up Science Vics, for instance, giving you a free Spaceship Factory once its done)

Also, faith costs stack up for GP. 1000 faith for first GS, 1500 faith for 2nd GS etc. So there's that too.

The way I hoped that faith would be used was that it could be an extra currency for making special brands of units. For example:

Longswordsman, 500 gold: Regular Longswordsman
Templar, 500 gold + 500 faith: Same as Longswordsman, but has +1 movement and upkeep is Faith instead of Gold.

How can you save up for Great People when your Faith pool empties with every Great Prophet? It seems like you would have to generate 5-6 Great Prophets before being able to save up for one Great Engineer.

Sure, but that's for an immediate short/medium term benefit compared to saving up your faith for mass rushbuy and then getting those crucial wonders once you gotten Order (Hubble Telescope will speed up Science Vics, for instance, giving you a free Spaceship Factory once its done)

Also, faith costs stack up for GP. 1000 faith for first GS, 1500 faith for 2nd GS etc. So there's that too.

Speaking of saving up faith. How exactly does it work? Don't you always get a great prophet at some point (that's extremely annoying)?

From what I can see, yes, yes you do, and they no doubt intend it to be that way specifically to prevent the abuse that smallfish was talking about. If they didn't do that then everybody would just save all of their faith for the entire game to buy 5 great people at the end and power their way to victory. That kind of thing is exactly why Great Scientists got nerfed.

From what I can see, yes, yes you do, and they no doubt intend it to be that way specifically to prevent the abuse that smallfish was talking about. If they didn't do that then everybody would just save all of their faith for the entire game to buy 5 great people at the end and power their way to victory. That kind of thing is exactly why Great Scientists got nerfed.

Eh, no. You can switch off the option to automatically give you GP in the religious overview. I bought two GSes this way.

The thing is their faith costs - 1000 for 1st GS, 1500 for 2nd GS, 2500 for 3rd...

Top Bottom