Invisibletypes in Promotions

LPlate2

Warlord
Hi,

Has any mod or modcomp duplicated
<Invisible> and <SeeInvisible> from UnitInfos into PromotionInfos?

Thanks, it looks like it's in Dune from the Schema. C2C also has a version of it but it looks like they've gone for a more complex route (or maybe just more intimidating naming convention). I'll see how I get on with the Dune approach and use C2C as a fall back.

Okay, so looking at @vincentz's VIP, this uses Archid's modifications to include SeeInvisible but did not seem to have <Invisible> available as Promotion option.

Dune does seem to have Invisible available as a Promotion option (but does not actually use it within the xml) and also has invisibilities which turn on/off based on the feature (caves) but the code is there to use it for terrain or hills. The terrain functionality seemed like a good fit for what I'm trying to do so I've tried to copy the relevant aspects into my own sdk files. I've edited; CvGameTextMgr.cpp, CvGlobals.cpp, CvGlobals.h, CvInfos.cpp, CvInfos.h, CvPlot.cpp, CvUnit.cpp, CvUnit.h, CvUnitAI.cpp, CyUnit.AI.cpp & CyUnit.h.
It all compiles fine and the mod will load up for me.
I should point out that I've also modified the CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml and created CIV4InvisibleInfos.xml in the GameInfo xml folder, as it is in Dune.

The mod still appears to be using the original CIV4InvisibleInfos.xml file from BasicInfos.
If I reference an invisibility that is in the GameInfo folder CIV4InvisibleInfos.xml file, then I get an error message.
The CIV4InvisibleInfos.xml file in the GameInfo folder is the one which includes, bStatic, bInvisibleonHills, bInvisibleonTerrains and bInvisibleonFeatures.

Does anyone know what the likely link/file that I've missed is?

-----
Edit, I've found @primem0ver's Graded Invisibility Mod (https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/graded-invisibility-mod.202775/), which I believe to be what the Dune invisibility was based on (originally). The thread for this has help files.
It looks like I may have missed edits to CvXMLLoadUtility.cpp. This looks like a promising place to investigate anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom