IO5 - Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Asoka is a good neighbour, and I see he has founded a religion, excellent.

The start is fairly poor regarding food resources, but thats fine, this is the capital after all. Calender will definitely have to be a priority.

I have to disagree with Matrix about teching, after AH -> Mining -> BW I think we should get Sailing. For a conquest victory, I don't think we will need many/any cottages.

When is the farm ready?, if it is more than a few turns I would move the worker to the cows now, and start the pasture next turn.

We're going to want cottages for the commerce they give so that we can tech faster. If we can tech faster we can get a lead on the AI. If we have a lead on the AI we can crush them more easily.

OK, your right of course. We will want cottages in the capital, to leverage Beauracracy, but I don't think we need cottages anywhere else.

Once we get CS & Machinery, I don't think we will need to do much more research, if any.

So we don't have to tech up to Industrialism to reveal where the aluminium is then?

Asoka is a good neighbour, and I see he has founded a religion, excellent.

The start is fairly poor regarding food resources, but thats fine, this is the capital after all. Calender will definitely have to be a priority.

I have to disagree with Matrix about teching, after AH -> Mining -> BW I think we should get Sailing. For a conquest victory, I don't think we will need many/any cottages.

When is the farm ready?, if it is more than a few turns I would move the worker to the cows now, and start the pasture next turn.

1 turn until AH and two turns until a farm. So it wouldn't really be worth it.

In other news, we need a roster. So, any preferences, or should I just order it myself?

So we don't have to tech up to Industrialism to reveal where the aluminium is then?

:lol:

Not unless we want to do the conquest with Modern Armor.... ah, forgot the variant (that didn't take long)

As for the roster, I'm easy.

Going Westwards normally works for roster order. I'm in the UK.

Are you going to post the saves in this thread?

25 turns each set is it?

Leave me until after the weekend as far as roster is concerned, I've to chop some trees back home and won't be able to play.
@Neil ParadigmShifter is right if we have to control at least one of all resources we need industrialism for Al.
We should also look to do as much cheesing as possible, just to keep in line with the animé.

Well, if we go westward, then I think we'll be fine, because the track west places the roster as...

IdiotsOpposite (Western US, just played)
Matrix the Kitty (Western US, so UP)
NeilMeister (Australia, so on deck)
ParadigmShifter (UK, which is (really) west of Australia)
BrianShanahan (Ireland)

I do hope that FGJ comes back soon, but until then, we'll play without him.

Also, remember the most important rule:

"Obscure Pokemon references wherever possible!"

Well, if we go westward, then I think we'll be fine, because the track west places the roster as...

IdiotsOpposite (Western US, just played)
Matrix the Kitty (Western US, so UP)
NeilMeister (Australia, so on deck)
ParadigmShifter (UK, which is (really) west of Australia)
BrianShanahan (Ireland)

I do hope that FGJ comes back soon, but until then, we'll play without him.

Also, remember the most important rule:

"Obscure Pokemon references wherever possible!"

How about Silent Confusion our komrad from IO3, and I don't think FGJ will be back before Civ V (a game my graphics card seemingly can't handle :cry:)

I doubt I'll be very good at Pokemon references since I haven't watched the series and have only played the Super Smash Bros. series of games featuring them. Also, I am 39.

I can do Hawkwind references, smutty gags, trolling Liverpool Football Club, and maths stuff instead though if that helps.

and maths stuffhat instead though if t helps.

Yes. Do maths stuff. I'm a future mathematician, so I love maths stuff.

I'll also dial up SC and see if he's interested. Since you might be right about FGJ, I'll take his reservation off, leaving us (again) two open slots.

Well there's my "Let's discuss mathematics" thread in the Sci/Tech forum as well.

Don't worry, I'm 34 and completely Pokemon illiterate !

Ahem. Western Canada!

Anyways, got it. I'll go look at the save and post some planning.

Canada, US whats the difference? Pshaw, next you'll be telling me Germany and France are two different countries.

Spoiler :
Yee, yes, I know Canada stuck with the 'Tans back in the 1770's while the US kicked them out.

Top Bottom