[GS] iPhone Map Editor

Shaza Mataza

Chieftain
I am trying to work out if there is a way to modify/customise maps on the iPhone version. Doesn't look like it is possible, but hoping someone smarter than me can show me a way. Thanks

HEY,
I was just going through your post and came to know about your query. Usually, IOS does not allow extra modifications or customizations as there you cannot use or download apps from anywhere other than Appstore but all these you can easily perform on android devices with the help of mod versions, etc.

obliged!

The only way to edit game files, is the decrypt the ipa / app (only possible with a jailbroken device). Unzip the decrypted ipa, make modifications, and then resign it (cydia impactor, iOS app signer) and install it on the device.
Last steps are easy, but find someone with a jailbroken iPad these times (which can run Civ VI) is much harder...

The only way to edit game files, is the decrypt the ipa / app (only possible with a jailbroken device). Unzip the decrypted ipa, make modifications, and then resign it (cydia impactor, iOS app signer) and install it on the device.
Last steps are easy, but find someone with a jailbroken iPad these times (which can run Civ VI) is much harder...
Not true. I installed a mod just using iExplorer. Its a free download, but costs 30 bucks for some sort of full version. You plug in the ipad to your mac, run the app, browse and find civ, click it and you find a mods folder waiting for you.

I don’t know what this decrypt business is about, it seemed more like mac apps are. Mac apps are packages, folders really, that you open with the right-click menu, and you can play with the innards to your heart’s content.

So, this is all super simple. There’s another thread here with a rather short list of mods that actually work. Most apparently don’t.

so after the easy first bit there’s trial and error, all the way down.

Top Bottom