Irritating the ai

tyro3

Chieftain
The AI seems to have the advantage when issuing threats etc. like you puny little runt can't you do better, your a worthless piece of crap ( took some license there) but you get the idea and all I can do is say you'll pay for this ( how pathetic is that) I am currently playing King (just recently moved up from prince) and I would like to tick off old nappy ( the arrogant sob) and make him DOW, is there anything I can do to P*** him off?

I assume you are joking, I didn't say I wanted my arse kicked, I just wanted to needle him and make him mad, he has already attacked me once and asked for peace, which I gave him and he became friendly, (not sure how that works) now I would like to whittle him down a little and didn't want to DOW, Elizabeth already thinks I am a bad guy and don't want to deal with her at the moment.

Not entirely joking, no. On king AI is very weak and in order to make it attack, you need to be even weaker. If you have a big and advanced army, the DoW is unlikely to happen anytime soon. My advice would be DoWing yourself. Have a couple of spare units in case Lizzy wants to take a shot. Defending against that should be easy enough.

Aggressive AI with high warmongering flavor often don't hold a grudge after wars.

Aggressive AI with high warmongering flavor often don't hold a grudge after wars.

This part is very true. In the IC3 game, I took a few cities from Hiawatha and then made peace. He became friendly after a dozen turns and ended up voting for me in the UN vote :p.

They'll only attack you if they are interested, no matter how you treat them.

In my last game on Deity diff (full aggression mode, still playing it) I denounced the Huns, ask them for tribute, asked to not settle near me, converted one of their cities in my religion (they have their own religion), placed city near them, sayed always thing like "You will pay for this" every time they ask for tribute to the CSs, and even if they are relatively close and have the biggest army they don't want to attack me. I guess the issue here is they are more focused with the other neighbor Spain, and I have friendship with most of civs, but i feel this is not much of an issue for this military civs.

If you have good relationships, you can always denounce him and hope for your buddies to do so. After that you can declare war with minor diplomatic penalty (to mantain trades and friendships for RAs more than anything)

This part is very true. In the IC3 game, I took a few cities from Hiawatha and then made peace. He became friendly after a dozen turns and ended up voting for me in the UN vote :p.

Hiawatha is far from "aggressive, warmongering", though. If you dow him once you can pretty much kiss any chance of befriending him goodbye.

Hiawatha is far from "aggressive, warmongering", though. If you dow him once you can pretty much kiss any chance of befriending him goodbye.

Could have fooled me. I swear I'm at war with him in every game. And for the record, I was the one who DoWed him in IC3. He still voted for me :p.

On immortal I stole a worker from a CS that was protected by a few civs. Within a very short time everyone denounced me and not long after three of them had an army outside my capital and a fourth one joined a few turns later. It was fun when it was 3 civs but 4 was one too many :)

Top Bottom