Is AI still brain dead?

Most annoying of all is the AI still moves units into water tiles to attack you. Persia had something around 5x artillery units. I sent a two battleships to its capital and took it, because it moved all of its artillery and melee forces into the water tiles instead of bombarding my ships. Honestly I think the AI is so bad because Firaxis wants players to have an easy, fun time of killing them.

If that's what Firaxis intended they are wildly successful!

As others have pointed at out already in this thread (and many other AI discussion threads), Vox Populi / community patch has managed to make the Civ V AI competent and competitive and tactically savvy. I have no doubt that once the Civ 6 DLL/SDK is released, it will also happen for Civ 6, thru dedicated modders and weekly iterative testing and community feedback. It is just a matter of WHEN..

the AI is even more decent here. They actually tries to win and racking up wonders left and right and can concert a sea invasion better

As others have pointed at out already in this thread (and many other AI discussion threads), Vox Populi / community patch has managed to make the Civ V AI competent and competitive and tactically savvy

Sadly Civ V doesn't work on my Win10 machine - takes forever to load.

I have no doubt that once the Civ 6 DLL/SDK is released, it will also happen for Civ 6, thru dedicated modders and weekly iterative testing and community feedback. It is just a matter of WHEN..

What's the timeframe for this? 2020 or so?

Can someone confirm if the AI is indeed dumber in multiplayer (like it was the case in Civ V)? I have played in multiplayer and would say AI is like x3 more inept.

I play hotseat quite a bit. I have not noticed AI being that much different

Top Bottom