Do you prefer playing Civ 4 or chess?

• Civ 4

Votes: 162 75.7%
  • Chess

Votes: 32 15.0%
  • About the same

Votes: 20 9.3%

• Total voters
chess!! it requires alot more thinking (or maybe i am not playing civ correctly)

Civ4 is better. I have to pay extra for a Catherine to slap me during chess.

In Civ4 you can tell whether you are gonna win in 100 turns or not when you are in the mid-game. In Chess you just can't do that, tables turn too quickly.:p

I have Chessmaster 10th edition and Civ4 but I always end up playing Civ4, I think because of the beatiful ladies inside;) , and the things I learn. Chess does not teach you anything

I enjoy playing civ more, but chess has always fascinated me. It is one of few games which rely solely on the player's tactical skill(Stratego and Kalaha are also among them), and has no element of chance in it whatsoever. The winner only wins because he's the better player, whereas in civ one might be lucky with start location, with getting the right kind of Great Person or when combat results are calculated.

Civ 4 wins hands down. Nuking people is frowned upon when playing chess! :nuke: :lol:

akots said:
Chess is certainly more complicated and sophisticated game. ;)

I'm totally disagree with that, only complication of chess is every move you make will affect at least 5-6 pieces immediately and if you dont respond quickly you lose the game at that particular point.

However in Civ if you build barracks in one of your cities instead of granary it will not affect your game at all at that point.

In Civ you are allowed to make mistakes, you can cover them later on.

In Chess if you make a bad openning you are doomed:cry:

I voted chess cause I like seeing my opponent's face when I check-mate him. I think its a more sociable game. Imagine going down the pub and asking someone for a game of civ! ridiculous :)

Top Bottom