Is it just me....??

david1806

Warlord
Hi all (apologies if this is in the wrong section...)

Is it just a problem I have, or is Civ 6 really unstable? It has caused to PC to crash and restart four times now, usually when trying to shut the game and go back to the desktop. And it is sooo slow at, well, everything. In-game is fine, but starting the game, loading a game - takes forever....

So I was just wondering if it is a general issue with Civ 6.

For me 6 has been amazingly stable. I had a few CTDs but the reason must have been discovered, as that went away many many patches ago.

Though I don't have problems with crashes, starting/loading games also takes forever for me.

Okey dokes. The fact is, my PC is virtually brand new, i5 (gen 8), 8GB RAM, and I know this isn't top spec, but it is pretty decent, and my PC runs like a donkey. I know my PCs and how they should work, and it definitely should not be this slow. Just opening up Chrome, or some simple app takes ages - that just isn't right I am sure. So it would seem it has picked up some badness somewhere down the line. I can't lie, I did have a mooch around some sites I shouldn't have (I know, I know....). I have always been okay in the past but I think this time I have been caught out. I very, very rarely use dodgy sites, if ever. I am guessing I should reset the machine to factory settings...?

Apologies if I have hijacked the wrong section - please feel free to move me away! Though any advice from you helpful people is always welcome.... Is there any definitive test I can run to say what is what? (When I say I know my PCs, I mean I know how they should run - not an IT expert...!) The fact is my PC should be running lovely and quick, especially as it is brand new....

Boom! Just crashed my PC - it normally happens when I am trying to log out of Civ, just locks my PC then I get a message saying an unexpected problem has occurred and my PC needs to reboot.....that's ain't right is it??

Since this problem isn't apparently related to Civ, I'll move the thread to the Computer Talk Forum.

Moderator Action: Thread moved.

Top Bottom