Is it possible to build all wonders in one playthrough?

actually, its impossible.
but, if you interested, you must near mountain, marble, choose monument to the gods pantheon, guruship, production focus.
and, difficult: settler, with 1 AI opponent, and kamehameha as the leader

I botched it. I totally forgot about the Colossus. Otherwise I think it went fairly easily.

I did Egypt, Small Continents, and settled 3 cities and conquered Istanbul. I didn't get marble, but I ripped thru the wonders very quickly. I'm certain I could have got the Colossus if I was paying more attention.

It was a strange end of the game - I had 9000 gold, perpetually 3-4K faith, and 4 cities that could make a late game wonder in less than 10 turns. Just waiting around for the end techs. :D

PS

I'm also working on this, got into the Industrial era so far. Egypt, Settler difficulty, Small Earth map, random opponents (turned out to be France/Celts/Denmark/England/Ethiopia). Started with marble in eastern Mongolia; got a settler from ruins and settled in Afghanistan for desert (marble there too). Had to annex Paris to get a coastal city before anybody built Great Lighthouse or Colossus.

The only "problem" I noticed was all the wonders giving so much culture that I was plowing through policy trees too quickly - I had Tradition, Piety, and Patronage filled, and the opener to Commerce, before unlocking Freedom. I'd tried once before and was teching too fast to keep up wonder production up to pace, but I think I overcompensated this time.

Other shenanigans possible on Settler: With those opponents I had the third pantheon, but Stonehenge sent me way ahead and I had enhanced before anybody founded a second religion. Ethiopia's capital is the only city left for me to convert. Happiness is something like 128. At least for now, I'm generating artists faster than I can run out of Golden Age turns

Yeah, I think I opened all but order and autocracy. Funny game. I did it on quick speed btw.

Hmm, I'm attempting this on Prince. What wonder b/o are you going for? I tried GL->ToA->Pyramids, but I lost the Statue of Zeus at turn 65. I guess I need to go GL->SoZ? Too many super early wonders and not enough time to build them x-x.

I was trying to do it without mods since I'm not really into mods. I think it's very doable, I just need to figure out a proper wonder b/o.

I did this with India on a duel pangea map against the Ottomans. I quickly took their capital with war elephants and drove them off the mainland to a tiny island by the renaissance era. Every wonder was built in Delhi, but I was lucky. Delhi was near a desert, next to 2 mountains and on the coast, which made every wonder possible. At the end of the game, Delhi was size 55 and still growing.

I am attempting to do this on Immortal level. I'm sure it's possible, I have managed to build all the Ancient and Classical wonders several times. Usually it's quite easy to do the rest, however they do often beat me to a Medieval Wonder (Notre Dame or some such), typically when I am on course to complete the challenge. I have found that switching off all victories except Conquest SEEMS to help. You especially want to switch off Cultural Victory.

I am attempting to do this on Immortal level. I'm sure it's possible, I have managed to build all the Ancient and Classical wonders several times. Usually it's quite easy to do the rest, however they do often beat me to a Medieval Wonder (Notre Dame or some such), typically when I am on course to complete the challenge. I have found that switching off all victories except Conquest SEEMS to help. You especially want to switch off Cultural Victory.

There are 3 ideology wonders. I think it is next to impossible to build all 3 ideology wonders

Top Bottom