Is it possible to get Toku...

i think it is must be, i don't know of any rule giving a limit to that. he's just stingy with + modifers as far as i've seen, and probably has a lot of invisible modifiers that aren't showing up, so that your +11 may be actually a +7 or so.

i got him to vote for me for diplomatic victory once and only once. it ended up being the deciding factor after a free religion change took away another voter from me. i was shocked, amazed, and quite proud ... toku got me a diplomatic win, without me ever going to war to make his smaller, but by actually earning his votes??? he wasn't at friendly but he was at pleased. i did have to get the visible number higher than usual for his vote because of invisible modifiers.

he'll sign DPs, but he'll never sign a permanent alliance even if you do get him to friendly. he just doesn't trust anybody that much. i sometimes get open borders when first meeting him, if i give him some cheap tech. i know he'll close them before too long, so i try to get a scout over there ASAP to see his land before the doors are shut until the trumpets of war open them.

Tokugawa is the worst AI because he won't do anything and his traits make him hard to wipe off the map.

I was playing a hot seat game on vanilla (no patches) on friends computer and was able to get Toku to do stuff. He even declared war on people twice for me (for tech), and in another hot seat game he also declared war for me in exchange for tech. He is difficult to work with at the beginning, but if you give him stuff here and there he will eat out of your hand in the end. Normally his AI causes him to be technology behind so that midgame you can afford to give him outdated tech for relationship boasters.

Thou in early game I sometimes just declare war on him as soon as I find him to hurt his ability to expand and improvements and put him on the vassalage fast track.

Tokugawa doesn't care too much if you're the same religion but it IS possible to get +4 or +5 attitude modifiers from him if you adopt his fav civic Mercantilism. Or join his war. Nevertheless he's still the worst one to trade techs with out of all AI. As it was said he'll never sign permanent alliance - he WILL sign defensive pact if he's at least pleased though. See below for full list.

Open borders Pleased
Trade techs Pleased
Trade maps Never
Trade luxury resource Pleased
Trade health resource Pleased
Trade strategic resource Friendly
Stop trading Cautious
..But only if =< this to 3rd party Pleased
Go to war Pleased
..But only if =< this to 3rd party Pleased
Convert religion Friendly
Adopt civic Friendly
Become vassal Friendly
Sign Defensive Pact Pleased
Sign Permanent Alliance Never

Toku asked me for open borders today! I am running mercantilism and we are both fighting against Cyrus (he is a vassal of Alexander who I asked to help me out). Neither of them have been any use at all, they are on a different continent. Toku has one caravel knocking around. Alexander has an ice city in the spot that I razed one of Ramesses cities earlier. I asked Mao my vassal to take it for me but he did nothing. It was defended by a pikeman and I gifted him gunpowder and chemistry. Yet he did nothing (edit: and it was right next to his cities!). I had to send a musketman to do the razing. I had no idea how useless the AI would be as a war ally.

No way, Tokugawa is the BEST AI to have near you, ever. Especially on deity, when you're out-teched in every area and he's your only trading partner because he'll be just as behind. And once he's your friend, he'll stay that way, because he doesn't have any other friends.

No way, Tokugawa is the BEST AI to have near you, ever. Especially on deity, when you're out-teched in every area and he's your only trading partner because he'll be just as behind. And once he's your friend, he'll stay that way, because he doesn't have any other friends.
Thats what I like abvout him.

Top Bottom