Is it possible to make one class of GP cost more points?

Tychusfindlay919

Chieftain
I'm tired of every GP being the appropriate era but great scientist being two eras ahead. I know you can increase all GP cost, but I want only scientists to cost more than usual.

nvm this is a dead game why bother lol.

But if anyone is interested, I'll probably test out a simple SQL mod that updates the following:

UPDATE Districts SET PointsPerTurn = .5 WHERE DistrictType = 'DistrictCampus'

Whereas the default is 1 point per turn for a campus district.

Last edited:
Not gonna work for multiple reasons
  1. No such thing as 'DistrictCampus', The correct Database Tag is "DISTRICT_CAMPUS".
  2. Table Districts has no column called 'PointsPerTurn'
  3. Column "PointsPerTurn" in tables "District_GreatPersonPoints" and "District_CitizenGreatPersonPoints" must be given an integer value
  4. Correcting the code for the proper game-table will not have any effect on the Seowon or Observatory, beyond the issue where you would be attempting to supplying a non-integer value in the Update.

Not gonna work for multiple reasons
  1. No such thing as 'DistrictCampus', The correct Database Tag is "DISTRICT_CAMPUS".
  2. Table Districts has no column called 'PointsPerTurn'
  3. Column "PointsPerTurn" in tables "District_GreatPersonPoints" and "District_CitizenGreatPersonPoints" must be given an integer value
  4. Correcting the code for the proper game-table will not have any effect on the Seowon or Observatory, beyond the issue where you would be attempting to supplying a non-integer value in the Update.

Thanks for the response. I had already corrected the name for point 1, but nothing changed, so I take it your three other points are the cause.

I'm a little over it. It was just annoying to be in the ancient/classical era and have GPs for great scientist already be at the renaissance era.

Actually, 0 is an integer. What if I just added in the corrections with 0 for campus and only GP points for having library and above? That would leave only the issues of seowon and observatory. I'm sure they have to have data somewhere that can be changed.

So I'll just test the following:
UPDATE District_GreatPersonPoints SET PointsPerTurn = 0 WHERE "DISTRICT_CAMPUS"

For Korea

UPDATE Expansion1_Districts_Major SET PointsPerTurn = 0 WHERE District_GreatPersonPoints AND "DISTRICT_SEOWON"

For Maya

UPDATE GranColombia_Maya_Districts SET PointsPerTurn = 0 WHERE District_GreatPersonPoints AND "DISTRICT_OBSERVATORY"

Actually, DLC is loaded like a mod in the base game. If I already have the mod dependent on GS, it should load after R&F and I can simply have UPDATE District_GreatPersonPoints Set PointsPerTurn = 0 WHERE (name of specialty district for maya or Korea here) no?

Last edited:
If I'm jacking up the SQL code due to my limited understanding, I'll just test directly editing the XML files like a plebeian to replace "1" with "0" to see if it works. Firaxis won't be touching civ6 again anyways.

Last edited:
Syntax is not correct, so will not work:
Code:
UPDATE District_GreatPersonPoints SET PointsPerTurn = 0 WHERE "DISTRICT_CAMPUS"
Proper syntax for that update would be
Code:
UPDATE District_GreatPersonPoints SET PointsPerTurn = 0 WHERE DistrictType="DISTRICT_CAMPUS";
Both the Column Name for DistrictType and the terminating semi-colon are required. The semi-colon is always required in SQL to tell the SQL "reader" where the end of that Update, Insert, etc., is located. In this specific case the DistrictType needs to be stated so that the game's SQL "reader" can know for which column-data it ought to look for the match to the WHERE and then make that alteration. "DISTRICT_CAMPUS" is not sufficient by itself because the game's SQL "reader" would interpret that as an attempt to use a Column-name of "DISTRICT_CAMPUS" rather than a column-name of DistrictType.

And, no, simply adding a dependency does not in and of itself cause or force a stable order in which things load.

Ah thank you, for now I just edited the XMLs directly and voila, campus gives 0 points while buildings will still generate the normal number of GP points. Mission success, no more renaissance scientists in the classical era. When I get around to it I'll make a more proper change instead of direct edits to the XMLs.

Top Bottom