is settling on tundra bad?

i edited the xml so nobody can settle on tunda, snow or desert.

Allows for some interesting 'wild' areas and 'no mans lands' :D

allows for some nice big borders too for everyone who settles next to these places

but yeah as tu says food will be your biggest problem. there's a mod that gives a little boost to tundra tiles, and the reforestation mod later comes in handy too.

I adore reforestation, go for it that appeals to you! :)

I don't use at the moment though because I realised that it can create new strategic resources, which kinda feels unbalanced to me.
How does it create new resources? (About to use the reforestation mod for the first time)

How does it create new resources? (About to use the reforestation mod for the first time)

When you finish planting a forest, sometimes it's not just a forest. I.e. it has a resource (e.g. iron, coal) on the tile as well. At least that's how I remember it.

When you finish planting a forest, sometimes it's not just a forest. I.e. it has a resource (e.g. iron, coal) on the tile as well. At least that's how I remember it.
Really?!? I believed resources were distributed around the map before the game start. Unless the mod is specifically programmed to create new ones, it should not be adding new resources.

I proposed today a version which generates only forest resources (camps, plantations, lumbermills)

example (with more resources for VP)

If you plant a forest

[922421.015] Reforestation: RESOURCE_DEER
[922421.015] Reforestation: RESOURCE_FUR
[922421.015] Reforestation: RESOURCE_DYE
[922421.015] Reforestation: RESOURCE_SILK
[922421.015] Reforestation: RESOURCE_TRUFFLES
[922421.015] Reforestation: RESOURCE_LAVENDER
[922421.015] Reforestation: RESOURCE_POPPY
[922421.015] Reforestation: RESOURCE_HARDWOOD

if you plant a jungle

[922421.015] Reforestation: RESOURCE_BANANA
[922421.015] Reforestation: RESOURCE_DYE
[922421.015] Reforestation: RESOURCE_SPICES
[922421.015] Reforestation: RESOURCE_TRUFFLES
[922421.015] Reforestation: RESOURCE_COCOA
[922421.015] Reforestation: RESOURCE_NUTMEG
[922421.015] Reforestation: RESOURCE_CLOVES
[922421.015] Reforestation: RESOURCE_PEPPER
[922421.015] Reforestation: RESOURCE_COCONUT
[922421.015] Reforestation: RESOURCE_HARDWOOD
[922421.015] Reforestation: RESOURCE_RUBBER

Really?!? I believed resources were distributed around the map before the game start. Unless the mod is specifically programmed to create new ones, it should not be adding new resources.
Sorry, I am stupid, I somehow mixed up the Reforestation mod with National parks (they use the same graphics, so they are mutually exclusive). Gathering from what @gwennog 's post, it seems the mod indeed adds new sources of resources (wow! I wrote an advanced poem!), so you can disregard my previous post.

Top Bottom