Is there a broken part in science

M45T3R5W4G3R

Chieftain
Hello everyone, I am new to Vox Populi and after playing several games until t100-200 between Prince and King; I'm currently at my first t300+ game in Emperor as Rome. Just before the turn I was going to get a GP the last religion has been found and India next to me brought their religion to me, which was allowing the purchases of Universities, Public Schools and Research Labs with faith at the moment I got half of my universities already.

I instantly completed the universities and game started to move on. I had no religion wonder at all but I was capable of producing faith so much that I beelined to Public Schools and instantly bought 6 of them in a single turn and completed them all in just a few turns (there were more than usual Religious CSs, without that much it would be slower for sure but probably I'd get in 4 greatest cities if not 6 which is still quite many, I think).

Anyway, this Public Shcool beeline just leaped me through science and I've started to get a nice momentum. And I just had order ideology tenet just at the moment with 2 GS use Research Labs and I was instantly a science overlord. I usually won with ease in Emperor in Vanilla Civ and get some hard time, sometimes win in Immortal (as Korea, Poland, England, Greece, Austria onca) and as I heard from people, Vox Populi makes AI act like they're 2 difficulties more advanced -I've not played Deity much and didn't win once since I thought the games were over, so I'm not thinking that I beat the game in Deity yet- but I've just slipped through it with free public schools and research labs in all my cities, eclipsing my closest rival at t300 by 10+ researches.

Well, people manage to win scientific on Deity by t250 so this may still sound slow to someone, but I think for a player as my level, since Faith is buffed, faith science building purchase+order seems quite broken in my opinion and was wondering yours about it.

Hello everyone, I am new to Vox Populi and after playing several games until t100-200 between Prince and King; I'm currently at my first t300+ game in Emperor as Rome. Just before the turn I was going to get a GP the last religion has been found and India next to me brought their religion to me, which was allowing the purchases of Universities, Public Schools and Research Labs with faith at the moment I got half of my universities already.

I instantly completed the universities and game started to move on. I had no religion wonder at all but I was capable of producing faith so much that I beelined to Public Schools and instantly bought 6 of them in a single turn and completed them all in just a few turns (there were more than usual Religious CSs, without that much it would be slower for sure but probably I'd get in 4 greatest cities if not 6 which is still quite many, I think).

Anyway, this Public Shcool beeline just leaped me through science and I've started to get a nice momentum. And I just had order ideology tenet just at the moment with 2 GS use Research Labs and I was instantly a science overlord. I usually won with ease in Emperor in Vanilla Civ and get some hard time, sometimes win in Immortal (as Korea, Poland, England, Greece, Austria onca) and as I heard from people, Vox Populi makes AI act like they're 2 difficulties more advanced -I've not played Deity much and didn't win once since I thought the games were over, so I'm not thinking that I beat the game in Deity yet- but I've just slipped through it with free public schools and research labs in all my cities, eclipsing my closest rival at t300 by 10+ researches.

Well, people manage to win scientific on Deity by t250 so this may still sound slow to someone, but I think for a player as my level, since Faith is buffed, faith science building purchase+order seems quite broken in my opinion and was wondering yours about it.
Well set higher difficulty and see what happens. And yes scientific victory snowbals better than any other and jesuit education is he best belief for scientific victory. If i go for scietific victory - i usualy win being 1 full era ahead of the nearest pursuer

This is only because AI does nothing against peaceful runaways with enough army to defend themselves. AI may bother you a little in the World Congress, but otherwise lets you win.

Right now, the only way AI join together against a civ is for military threats. If a civ is conquering too much, AIs might join against the aggressor. Somehow, being +10 techs ahead isn't considered a threat.

I see, I think in vanilla the AI used to do it, like, after building the Apollo Project we got some people hating us instantly if they were also going for scientific victory. As you said, I played mostly peaceful, few wars and many conquests at the times I got attacked. But liberating Jerusalem about 4 times in a war caused quite much negative warmonger multiplier, I guess lol. Probably I'm going for immortal next when I find time to go for it.

Top Bottom