Is there a way to play TOT with CIV2 graphics/icons and screens?

killing time

Chieftain
Is there any way at all to have all the additional features of the extended game but without the new unit icons and city screens and stuff like that?

You mean something like this? Yes, that is Test of Time. Can't do much about the health bars, but pretty much everything else can be changed. I don't use classic game graphics, but I do have replacements for the Original game (includes Extended) and a couple of alternative skins here.

For classic style city screens, see here.

You mean something like this? Yes, that is Test of Time. Can't do much about the health bars, but pretty much everything else can be changed. I don't use classic game graphics, but I do have replacements for the Original game (includes Extended) and a couple of alternative skins here.

For classic style city screens, see here.

ok cool, is there a way to get the actual classic unit icons? or just these modded ones?

also, my map still doesnt look anything like the first pic you posted... am i installing the wrong packs? thanks.

ok cool, is there a way to get the actual classic unit icons? or just these modded ones?
I posted that screenshot in another thread years ago to demonstrate the similarity between the MGE and ToT engines. Said I'd upload the graphics if there was interest. There wasn't. There's not a lot of demand for 15-year-old 8-bit graphics when there's better available. I suppose I could have a dig around.

also, my map still doesnt look anything like the first pic you posted... am i installing the wrong packs? thanks.
I'm not psychic. What does your map look like and what have you installed?

I posted that screenshot in another thread years ago to demonstrate the similarity between the MGE and ToT engines. Said I'd upload the graphics if there was interest. There wasn't. There's not a lot of demand for 15-year-old 8-bit graphics when there's better available. I suppose I could have a dig around.

I'm not psychic. What does your map look like and what have you installed?

oh sorry, i thought the stuff was all there ready to download and everything.

ive installed Graphics Mod Pack for the Original Game, the first mod pack on the misc section and i also installed the classic skin set for TOT.

so at the moment my game looks like this:

so the menus and everything are great because they look just like the original. it would be cool if you still had the graphics mod for the original look too. with the mod pack i got installed now it does change the unit icons back to 2D along with some of the terrain textures... but they are all edited ones rather than the original ones.

Sorry, I thought the second question indicated that you had some other issue. Obviously the terrain you installed would look like the terrain in the screenshot for the Original Game Modpack and not that of the classic game. You couldn't really have installed the 'wrong' pack because there was no 'right' pack available, until now...

Attachments

• ToT_Classic_Mod.7z
    303.9 KB · Views: 878
yeah the terrain and unit icons in that archive are the ones i already have installed.

i was wondering if you had the mods that were used in that first pic you posted where TOT looks exactly like civ2 except for the health bars.

Top Bottom