1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Is there any penalty for spamming cities?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Question, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

People have won with one city at deity. It’s not what you do, it’s the way that you do it.

2. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf Chieftain

Ultimately I usually ended up going wide in Civ V, it was just frustrating and not very enjoyable a lot of the time.

3. liv

liv Warlord

Loved Civ V. Always went wide. It was not that much of an issue (but on immortal not on deity though)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  4. Athmos

Athmos Chieftain

Yes, I know it has been done (never managed or even tried it myself,, but I'm quite sure It would take many fails and restart).

I'm sure you'll agree that it's usually harder to win with 4 cities than with 8 (hence why I used the term "challenge") ?

5. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

100% agree and I like a challenge
    and yes when someone says they won a peaceful science victory on deity there is likely an awful lot of retry going on

6. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Chieftain

More interaction with the horrible city UI was for me the main reason to stop expanding (settling or conquering) after 8 or so cities in Vanilla Civ 6. CQUI mod definitely helps with that issue.

With R&F, you also have a limited amount of governors available and if you recruit all 7, you won't be able to promote them much. This, coupled with the fact that several useful policies/government bonuses now affect only cities with governors means that in most games you'll have a diminishing return on cities after the first 5-6 and definitely after the 7th one. This is especially true if you consider that each new city is more costly than the previous one, even thought the Ancestor's Hall government building goes a long way to help you expand quickly and of course if you're conquering nothing stops you from growing to 40+ cities if you tolerate that much clicking around.