Is there really no build queue?

While I don't disagree in concept, there will have to be a way to reorder the queue that takes into account items (buildings or units) that have prerequisites - either by not letting those items be dragged above their prerequisites or having some kind of nested queue - which is a little more complicated and possibly confusing to players.
You just have the item in red/gray (requires X).

And I think it is fine if you have

1. Research Lab (requires university)
2. University (requires library)
3. Library (requires campus)

at the top of the queue.

As soon as I build my campus it goes
1..can't do
2..can't do
3... I can do this one so start on it
(once 3 is done, it still can't do #1, but it can do #2 so it starts on that)

And If I look at my queue and wonder why isn't X getting built... I can see
1. Research Lab (requires university)
2. Library (requires campus)

Oh, I need to place a campus... and add a university to my queue somewhere.

A modder named Lozenged has taken it upon himself to make a production queue mod which can be found here. He did this despite people claiming (in this thread and other threads) that production queues would not be possible due to districts. I have edited the OP to reflect this update - its time to get loud on this as it proves that it was possible all along and that not prioritizing it for Civ VI's release was simply nonsensical.

Very nice.... however, while a queue is a very important thing to have, civ6 has Much bigger problems, and if they prioritized putting a queue in, some other part of the game would probably be even worse, because they didn't fix that.

Top Bottom