1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there such a game as DESPOT?

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by thx1138, May 20, 2001.

1. thx1138

thx1138 F.F.U.K

I have started reading Ian Banks novels. (Not Ian M.Banks sci-fi - same author btw)

And in one of them, a kinda journalist/pi whodunnit, he keeps talking about a game called DESPOT. His character even upgraded his laptop so that he could play it.

IS THERE SUCH A GAME? It sounds a bit like Civ.

In much the same way that Terry Pratchett's Only You Can Save Mankind reminds me of Elite.

------------------
    Nil Mortis Sine Lucre

2. kundor

kundor Chairman of the H.I.V.E.

I've always wondered if there's a game called Empire? It seems obvious for a civ-type game, so I figure the name must be taken, but I've never heard of one.