Is there the way to edit .blp file without SDK?

catwill

Chieftain
Since I am Japanese, my English is not so good.

I got Civ6 by free on Epic Games, and I trying to make the original MOD. I tried to make MOD by rewriting the contents of the existing MOD files. I mostly complete to rewrite files except .blp files. When I tried to rewrite .blp files in Notepad, ArtDef.log outputs this message↓.
'C:/(file path)/Leader_Icons.blp' has an unacceptable header. Ensure that it has been cooked with the latest cooker.
Since I got Civ6 on Epic, I don't have SDK or ModBuddy. Is there a way to open and edit the .blp files without these tools?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Hey and welcome to Civ6 Modding.

It is not possible to directly open and edit the .blp files, even not with access to the SDK and ModBuddy.

You can only „cook“ your own .blp files via ModBuddy.

btw i am currently learning the Japanese Language.
Your english is good enough, so that i can understand what you want to say.

Another thing: @raen is the right man to explain how to mod Civ6 without the SDK.

Thank you for answering! I'll read "Civ 6 Modding Tools & Basics" again.

In many cases you can bypass using .blp files. If all you want to do is insert new icons, you can just import the .dds directly and not bother packing it into a .blp at all.

Thank you for answering! I'll read "Civ 6 Modding Tools & Basics" again.

Still have to add the making DDS files part to that tutorial, but like @Arstahd said its a question of building .dds files, and defining in IconTextureAtlases.

Still have to add the making DDS files part to that tutorial, but like @Arstahd said its a question of building .dds files, and defining in IconTextureAtlases.

Just added a basic section with 2D ART making.

Top Bottom