Is this the game that beats Civ 3??

Sporty_Thievz

Chieftain
Well in my option this is the game that is alot more better than Civ 3...

I found Civ 3 boring and got bored after 3 weeks...

3 weeks after playing this game however and i'm still loving it. Its got so much accuratey in it, detail and much much more gameplay. And over 200 countries to play as! :eek:

'Europa Universalis 2'

This game rules!

Sorry but Civ 3 compared to this game is a load of crap....

Originally posted by Sporty_Thievz
'Europa Universalis 2'

This game rules!

Sorry but Civ 3 compared to this game is a load of crap....

I dunno, ain't a lot of games better than Civ III!

By the way, what is that game? I've never heard of it before.

Well Matt this game is a hugh strategy game, its only for big fans of strategy

Europa Universalis is a historical strategy game simulating all aspects of world history from 1492 to 1792. Each player takes on the role of one of the major nations of the era, controlling diplomacy, economy, warfare, exploration and colonization. A number of unique features ensure historical accuracy, including period monarchs, military leaders, and technological gains.

90 different nations potentially player controlled. Powerful AI with human behavior controls non-player nations.
Choose between 9 scenarios including a Grand Campaign Game encompassing 300 years. Over 500 different historical missions and a dynamic system generating countless of exciting missions ensure many hours of game play!
200+ different historical events that potentially affects the outcome of your actions.
A truly unique game in magnitude, size and setting.
800+ named provinces, 550+ named sea zones and 100+ named rivers on a map covering the entire globe!
The real-time game can be set to pause at any time or any given event to give players time to plan ahead, thereby creating a "semi-real-time" environment.
Involve yourself in colonization, exploration, trade and infrastructure, war, religion and diplomacy against players and computer alike!

Oh and a scenario editor is coming out in a patch in the next few days.....

well kind of, you get 3 different groups the main force in that time was pikemen, carvley and cannons. You only get the option to built them...

The game has sooooo much detail its unbelievable you have to take account the conditions when fighting, and theres no chance of stupid outcomes (Spearman destorys Tank Civ3)

And its not old at all i think it only came out this year

I played this game before. It was called IMPERIALISM. :D

It looks fun, but I prefer BATTLEFIELD combat with games like that. I still think they should make an improved version of L'Empereur.

THAT game was awesome.

Originally posted by Sporty_Thievz
well kind of, you get 3 different groups the main force in that time was pikemen, carvley and cannons. You only get the option to built them...

The game has sooooo much detail its unbelievable you have to take account the conditions when fighting, and theres no chance of stupid outcomes (Spearman destorys Tank Civ3)

And its not old at all i think it only came out this year

EU2 is good, but not as free-wheeling as EU1. The problem I have with it is they don't tell you all the rules. Diplomatic annexation is a good example. Rules were clear enough in EU1 but in EU2 it's a secret.:(

You can still get stupid outcomes in combat, like when your big army loses to a very small army - that happens too often.

I must admit... There are stupid things that happen even in real life. Remember the Alamo? General Santa Ana lost 1,800 men crushing a fort full of over 160 men. (But less than 200)

Originally posted by Allemand
EU2 is good, but not as free-wheeling as EU1. The problem I have with it is they don't tell you all the rules. Diplomatic annexation is a good example. Rules were clear enough in EU1 but in EU2 it's a secret.:(

You can still get stupid outcomes in combat, like when your big army loses to a very small army - that happens too often.

Originally posted by Midnight Rider
I must admit... There are stupid things that happen even in real life. Remember the Alamo? General Santa Ana lost 1,800 men crushing a fort full of over 160 men. (But less than 200)

I think it was closer to 500 Mexican soldiers lost to Santa Anna.

I went to the link posted by Zouave. WOW! The graphics are, well, Civ 2ish, but it looks like a great game. "Easily rivals Civilization..." I'm not so sure of, but it still looks good.:goodjob:

WarlordMatt and Sporty_Thievz,

Are you guys doing the advertising for EUII, if not I suggest you contact whichever agency they are using and get yourself employed! ;)

Read the web address, that's right CivFanatics. Your addressing the wrong people if you're looking for support for other games!

I remain true to Civilization and will not contaminate my PC with other games.

(Also I won't see sunlight if I play anything else as well):D

Funy that a thread appears discussing other games then civ in a civ forum....could that have something to do with the quality of civ3..???;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah Civ 3 is crap.

I just wanted to share with you what i thought was a game that easily beats Civ 3 in strategy way....

Originally posted by JoeM
WarlordMatt and Sporty_Thievz,

Are you guys doing the advertising for EUII, if not I suggest you contact whichever agency they are using and get yourself employed! ;)

Huh? We're not advertisers! That's a pretty funny thought, though.:lol:

I think Civ III is unrivaled when it comes to strategy games. Long Live Firaxis!!:goodjob:

Originally posted by JoeM
Read the web address, that's right CivFanatics. Your addressing the wrong people if you're looking for support for other games!

I remain true to Civilization and will not contaminate my PC with other games.

(Also I won't see sunlight if I play anything else as well):D

oh well... I was like you before I played EU2 :p DON'T TRY IT THEN! Or your Civ3 will go in the garbage :)

Originally posted by Zouave

Civ 2 for one.

I bleeping love zouave's posts.

:lol: me too fox me too:lol:

Top Bottom