Is Wario a Libertarian?

Is Wario a Libertarian

• Yes

• No

• Other (explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.

GoodEnoughForMe

n.m.s.s.

Is this man, who has primarily appeared as an antagonist to Mario's exploits (but also a protagonist in other games) hiding a sinister secret? Under that cap, does there lie a brain cultivated by reruns of John Stossel and Penn and Teller? Please answer, and explain how you came to the answer. For some intro info:

Wario (ワリオ, Wario?, [w͍a.ɽi.o]) (English /ˈwɑːrioʊ/) is a character in Nintendo's Mario series who was originally designed as an archrival of Mario. He first appeared in the 1992 Game Boy title Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins as the main antagonist and final boss. His name is a portmanteau of Mario's name and the Japanese word warui (悪い), meaning "bad"[citation needed]. Wario was first designed by Hiroji Kiyotake, and is voiced by Charles Martinet, who also voices many other characters in the series.

A fat thief with war in his name. I think he's just a mainstream conservative.

Libertarians believe that liberty is liberty when liberty and all the time liberty no matter what liberty.

Wario clearly doesn't give a crap about liberty since he just takes what he wants from others using violence. He also supports a strong state as evidenced by all the well organized troops he commands, and from what I see a big and intrusive governing structure. So for me Wario is way too authoritarian to be a Libertarian. Plus I think he's a bit too smart for that sort of thing to begin with.

There is a former Libertarian who used to post on this forum (I will not mention his name as that would be breaking the rules) who definitely has things in common with Wario. So sure.

Wario strikes me as a guy who has read a lot of Stirner. Any explicit ideological commitment, even an individualist one, would be anathema to the freedom of the ego, or, if you will, the War-ego.

Last edited:
Top Bottom