Islandia's G&K GMR game - one turn per day

I'm in serious difficulties...Mayans outproducing me right now(i have no hilled cities and few production tiles) and my recent tactics were noobish :blush: Each time i kill one of his units there is 2 more appearing :lol: I miscalculated his income, he ''suddenly'' got some gold(probably from cs bullying) so he could upgrade more units.

I decided to raze Tikal. But it will take 2 turns. EEE should take that city in...2 turns :sad:

Major mistake i made some turns earlier by wanting that capital of Maya right away...i never, never ,never do this unless under some exceptions.

Here is a fable from Jean de la Lafontaine(french). Fell free to translate this text. This resume pretty well what i was trying to do in this game(i'm the frog and EEE is the cow btw :))

LA GRENOUILLE QUI SE VEUT FAIRE AUSSI GROSSE QUE LE BŒUF

Une Grenouille vit un Bœuf
Qui lui sembla de belle taille.
Elle qui n'était pas grosse en tout comme un œuf,
Envieuse s'étend, et s'enfle, et se travaille
Pour égaler l'animal en grosseur,
Disant : Regardez bien, ma sœur ;
Est-ce assez ? dites-moi ; n'y suis-je point encore ?
Nenni. M'y voici donc ? Point du tout. M'y voilà ?
Vous n'en approchez point. La chétive Pécore
S'enfla si bien qu'elle creva.

Oh, this is so funny to start a new page. Is that a frog trying to eat a cow?:D

Its a frog that is jealous of the size of the cow. So she makes herself bigger till she explode :)

Meanwhile, in the Far East, the Huns have captured Seville, and have a very substantial army to continue their assault. :borg:

Hi Islandia, if you are watching this thread, may I suggest again changing the turn timer of this game as well as the 'decline and fall of roman' to 24 hours or 36 hours please. Clearly our Huns need more time to kill the Spanish and torture the captives.

Hi Islandia, if you are watching this thread, may I suggest again changing the turn timer of this game as well as the 'decline and fall of roman' to 24 hours or 36 hours please. Clearly our Huns need more time to kill the Spanish and torture the captives.

This one is already 24 hours, though I did miss a turn here as well as a few other ones last weekend that probably did not help in the defense of Seville. I'm willing to make it longer, but honestly 24 hours is probably enough time to keep the game going at a reasonable clip. I would not complain if I missed another turn - these things happen.

Sorry, I meant 48 hours, 36 at least. A lot of wars happen in this stage so slow down a little bit may help.

Meanwhile, in the Far East, the Huns have captured Seville, and have a very substantial army to continue their assault. :borg:

How's the war going on the other continent? The score seems to indicate that Spanish is still leading.

After eradicating the Sweden from the planet, the upper half continent seems to be large enough for the Maya people to semi-ICS-expand and breed to prosperity.

I've never used bullying. I guess I better get some practice.

Seville remains in the hands of the Huns. Madrid just finished HG, and will have a tech lead, though the Huns' army remains sizeable. Beyond those details, all is lost in the fog.

I've never used bullying. I guess I better get some practice.

I feel it gives more push for the warmonger who has already been on the winning side. The cost is merely 15 influence each.

Do they always give the same amount of gold? How much?

Another question I've been wondering about: when you build something, but don't complete it and switch to something else, what happens to the previous item? Does the production already on it decay, like in civ 4? Or does it stay there indefinitely, until you switch back to it and finish it?

I think the gold amount rises as the game progresses.

Unfinished units have 10 turns before they start to decay in hammer, buildings are 50 turns, wonders don't decay if no change has been made in a patch.

That's for standard speed. I guess quick speed makes turns to 2/3 of standard

This is all true. I think you must wait for the 15 influence taken to be reset before you can bully again. Also, you need at least 1 unit close of them and have an ''over average'' army to make it works.

This is all true. I think you must wait for the 15 influence taken to be reset before you can bully again. Also, you need at least 1 unit close of them and have an ''over average'' army to make it works.

I had the impression that the cycle is the same as the length of open border. I could be wrong.

If your statement is true, pledge to protect before bullying is bad idea (which I did in GMR games as new ideas come in) This also makes Greece super cheesy if the Greece player chose to bully.

Super cheesy. :)

So once the production decay kicks in, how much is it? Is it a set number of hammers, or a percentage of the total, or what? Inquiring minds want to know. :shifty:

So once the production decay kicks in, how much is it? Is it a set number of hammers, or a percentage of the total, or what? Inquiring minds want to know. :shifty:

This thread(easy to find, it's my own thread :D).

Edit : Read post #28 for percentages. You can by pass the decay if you throw 1 turn of hammers before the 10th turn of a cycle.

Very interesting. And do you often put this to good use? I can imagine some sneaky possibilities!

Top Bottom