Isolated

Aunguna

Chieftain
What do you generally do when it turns out that the landmass where you started is only large enough to accommodate 4 or 5 tightly packed cities. Do you just stick it out and hope that you can travel to a larger continent before all the good land is stolen, or do you give up.

This happened to me last night, and I'll admit that I just quit. In my defense, the island was pretty far north, and about half of it was tundra.

Welcome to CFC, Aunguna!

I guess it depends on a variety of factors. Are you seafaring? What are the odds that you'll be able to make it to a larger landmass? Are you playing on an archipelago map? What sort of terrain is on the island? Are you likely to have horses or iron? What's the difficulty? And, perhaps most importantly, how much do you like a challenge? A half-tundra island in the north sea is a pretty rotten start. Few players want games that are waaay more work than fun.

There's no shame in giving up! ;)

No, seriously. Aabraxan is right, it should be fun to play. If you think that kind of challenge is fun, then play. If not, just quit. :)

I personally enjoy it a lot more when mother Earth has been kind to me, so I give up quite often. :blush:

haha... often start one game several times, because if i don't start off on a river... can't be a lake, i will start it over. My capital needs to be set off...

plus... im a more of CRUSH THEM INTO THE DUST type of a person. when i am bombarding their spearmen w/ my stealth bombers, and watching them send longbowmen, because they don't have iron or horses over to attack my tanks and modern armor :)

being on small islands isnt the worst thing in the world, especially if ur on an ocean. In my experince it works to your advantage. If your surrounding by a large ocean, you should really try and send the galleys across the pound to find another civ. Dont trade maps and dont trade techs. Back on ur island, build virtually no units and once you find an Opponent that is way smarter then u, drop your science to 0. this should provide tech money and until the end of the middle ages u will b invicible to attack. once your in industrial age start picking on the main war ravaged nations and Volia! ur now on par with about 10% of them landlovers!

Top Bottom