Israel Mod for Civ 5

This UA wouldn't work on an ancient Israel. Only if the mod included traits from modern Israel.

UA: Plant Dalet: your workers can pillage and build improvements on another Civ's tile. Once that improvement is done, that specific tile belongs to you. ;) :rolleyes:

unique ability: 2nd chance
get a new capital on the other side of the map when eliminated

Moderator Action: Offtopic conversations belong in OT any more will receive infractions for Spam

Facton Ability - Lenders to the world - for every trade deal you have earn 2 gold per turn "intrest"
(it would be capped to one type of resource per faction, to stop abuse like lending 1gpt 10 times etc)

UB - Synagoug (sorry about the spelling) +1 culture on ordinary temples, +4 city defence (I want to promote the insular and almost fanatical defence of isreal so citys become much stronger)

UU - Mechanised infantry replacement - +12 strength +25% in desert and plains

UA: Plant Dalet: your workers can pillage and build improvements on another Civ's tile. Once that improvement is done, that specific tile belongs to you

nyuknyuknyuknyuk:rolleyes: :trouble:

This UA wouldn't work on an ancient Israel. Only if the mod included traits from modern Israel.

UA: Plant Dalet: your workers can pillage and build improvements on another Civ's tile. Once that improvement is done, that specific tile belongs to you. ;) :rolleyes:

UP: The Infinite State Solution: Every time you make peace with a Civ that declared war on you, any of their cities which you occupied become independent City States with -1000 relations. ("We renounce our claim to these lands which we have proven unable to hold onto...but only to those native inhabitants who are friendly to our cause.")

Basically a free barracks? I could see something like that.

I would avoid making Israel too militaristic at the expense of considering the rest of their history (and there is the whole Monotheism thing ;) ). But there's no denying modern Israel's military contributions. Also, their noteworthy military successes in ancient times (mostly just beating the Selucids, but survived surrounded by Egyptians, Babylonians, and Assyrians, that's gotta count for something).

The ancient Israelites were pretty militaristic, once they got out of Egypt.

As for a Unique Ability, I liked the 25% combat bonus in territory, but feel it would be better as "+25% combat bonus within X tiles from Capital". This bonus would scale with mapsize, and reflect the desire to hold onto the Holy Land. Alternatively, scale up the combat bonus near the capital, and cause a penalty for combat far from it.

I totally agree, but I don't see a Civ V concept which could represent the religious thing properly. Cheap temples/monuments for culture for example probably don't represent it well.

Free barracks seem fine to me ;)

Back to that military thing :p

How about Holy City, which would give production and gold bonuses, plus +25% defense to the capitol during a golden age (on top of the normal bonuses during Golden Ages)? The idea would be to encourage you to use the piety tree to get more golden ages.

EDIT: Since I was a page behind, Hukuma's idea could be interesting. Perhaps the strength bonus at all times and the rest during the golden age. Extend the strength bonus to the capitol's internal borders (the amount of tiles it personally popped).

I really like the idea of an Israel/Israelite civilization. I would prefer the ancient Israelites, as the influence their religion has had on western civilization is incredible. There would be no Christianity or Islam without Abraham and Judaism. For that reason I was extremely surprised they weren't in Civ4, which prominently featured religion in the game. I can't think of a more significant civilization which has been consistently ignored by the developers.

UUs: Slinger - Short-ranged (one tile?) infantry with special bonuses versus archers. Merkhava - tank with defensive bonus in open terrain.
UA: Chabad telethon!! :D
Serious UA: Maybe a special bonus from the temple?
UB: I wonder what a Kibbutz could replace?

How about Holy City, which would give production and gold bonuses, plus +25% defense to the capitol during a golden age (on top of the normal bonuses during Golden Ages)? The idea would be to encourage you to use the piety tree to get more golden ages.

How about a Holy City thingy that provides gold and happiness for each Open Borders agreement, but which attracts barbarians like a beacon?

israel for civ5...yeah...

im waiting for this too.

איך צחקתי ששמעתי את הקולות של סיב 4
שעשית, זה היה ענק,
"מה שתבקש".

ענק!

Since I was bored...

And here's the suggested civ colour information, so that it reflects on the icon. Values taken straight from the national flag, as shown on Wikipedia.

Code:
<GameData>
    <Colors>
        <Row>
            <Type>COLOR_PLAYER_ISRAEL_BACKGROUND</Type>
            <Red>0</Red>
            <Green>0.220</Green>
            <Blue>0.722</Blue>
            <Alpha>1</Alpha>
        </Row>
    </Colors>
    <PlayerColors>
        <Row>
            <Type>PLAYERCOLOR_ISRAEL</Type>
            <PrimaryColor>COLOR_WHITE</PrimaryColor>
            <SecondaryColor>COLOR_PLAYER_ISRAEL_BACKGROUND</SecondaryColor>
            <TextColor>COLOR_PLAYER_WHITE_TEXT</TextColor>
        </Row>
    </PlayerColors>
</GameData>
You can use the image directly on the 256 version of the icon atlas (the default alpha channel will properly take the circle and leave out the background), and then downsize from there. :king:

UU: Maccabee (replaces swordsman, bonus when fighting within own borders)
UU: Merkava (replaces tank, starts with Medic promotion)
UA: Holy Land (+1 Culture per city AND +5 or 10% bonus for all units fighting within own borders)

This would make them the pre-eminent defensive faction in the game, without being OP.

A defensive nature not only represents most of the biblical timeframe (the conquest of Canaan being the only time they aggressively took land) but the modern timeframe as well (the defensive Wars of 1967 and 1972).

I would avoid any UA that treads to closely on another Civ's UA even if it doesn't copy it. Sure, France gives +2 culture instead of +1, but that really hurts diversity.

I would avoid any UA that treads to closely on another Civ's UA even if it doesn't copy it. Sure, France gives +2 culture instead of +1, but that really hurts diversity.

Good point, that. Maybe extra happiness per city instead?

I really like the Promised Land idea as well, but can't think of anything for it beyond a combat bonus for fighting within borders. And alternative UA I thought up is:

Land of Milk and Honey - All happiness resources within civ borders give extra happiness.

Giving them double happiness resources would probably fit more, but that'd mostly leave them dependent on trade, and it'd feel a bit too much like the Bazaar.

Doesn't that make the Arabic Bazaar completely pointless?

Extra happy per city sounds good, but also way too powerful.

Doesn't that make the Arabic Bazaar completely pointless?

The additional happiness per resource? How so? Does the Bazaar increase happiness? Thought it just duplicated happiness resources, but having multiples of happiness resources doesn't increase happiness.

Wouldn't be too much btw, maybe +1 happiness per resource within borders? That's for each tile btw, not for each type.

Extra happy per city sounds good, but also way too powerful.

Yeah, might probably would be, though you could make the extra happiness pretty small or just make it halved unhappiness from number of cities to compensate.

Thematically it'd fit though, the more of their promised land they settle the happier citizens are.

Thinking about it further, I agree with Louis XXIV as well.

I don't know if it's possible, but if it were, you could always give them a bonus towards the Piety branch Social Policy.

Bonus towards the Piety branch probably wouldn't be easy, considering the mechanic. I thought it better to encourage going for golden ages instead in order to use the Piety branch.

Vordeo, I think you're right. I misunderstood the Bazaar's effect. Happiness effects are an odd one for Israel. It seems like a nice idea, but what it'll do is encourage Israel to have a large empire, which seems anachronistic, to say the least.

Top Bottom