It's good to be a Prince...

Norlamand

Procrastinator Rex
Special treatment for the Royals.

http://www.thisislondon.com/news/londonnews/articles/PA_LONREGIONALNEWSCARLTON332sun?source=

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4125689.stm

Prince Harry escapes club caution
No action is to be taken against Prince Harry over a scuffle with a photographer outside a nightclub.
The Crown Prosecution Service considered a caution but decided it would not be in the public interest.

Royal officials say Harry was hit in the face with a camera, but the photographer said the prince lashed out at him leaving him with a cut lip.

The incident happened outside Pangaea nightclub near Piccadilly in central London in October.

The paparazzi photographer involved, Chris Uncle, said Harry had "deliberately lashed out".
The photographer claimed that royal bodyguards dragged the prince away.

Until recently, Prince Harry was relatively sheltered from media attention.

An informal agreement between royal officials and the media meant photographers left Prince Harry and Prince William alone to complete their education.

On Sunday the princes joined the rest of the Royal Family at a Christmas church service at St Mary Magdalene Church on the Royal Sandringham estate near King's Lynn, Norfolk.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/uk_news/4125689.stm

Published: 2004/12/26 09:01:36 GMT

© BBC MMIV

No surprise there, as the princes still blame the paparazzi for their mother's death. :sleep:

Is this somehow surprising? You retain an antiquated priveledge, you retain an antiquated sense of snottiness.

Once the Queenie goes, it's time to dump those pukey kids. Instead of showing their respect for their position, they show contempt. Hey, I'll take the billion dollar fortune.

I don't think Princes Harry and William show disrespect for the position, indeed, for sons of nobility they extremely restrained in their actions. Apart from one of two incidents from Harry, he usually justs get with it, be it work experience abroad, adventure holidays or the simple act of having a good time. William, seems to live a rather ordinary life, save that his looks and money probably mean he gets laid every night...

Both look as if they will join the military and good luck to them there.

Harry hit a papparazzi...that should be the right of any member of royalty as these people don't give royals and many others the opportunity for privacy to go out and enjoy their lives. Furthermore, these people are simply out to get pictures they can use to denounce the royals, not in praise...hell, they'll even snap images of them dying in horrific car crashes.

It wasn't in the public interest to caution Harry for pushing the camera of a papparazzi in his face, especially as then the papparazzi then milked it for all it is worth. It isn't uncommon for Britains to resolve alot with a fist-fight, few people will take provocation when they have a reasonably fit body and the provacee thinks he is untouchable.

Whilst I am not in truth a royalist, I don't believe the royals abuse the wealth and power they have, not in the way other rich people do with the same sort of wealth...think Kennedys. Also, it is an institution that goes a long, long way to providing stability and continuity in the adminstration of Britain.

As Harry won't be King, why worry about his antics? As for as William, he has been amazingly pure and not to my knowledge got into PR hot water...either that or his PR team are better ;)

Royalty is here to stay by popular demand, it is a feature of British Democracy and is quite a cheap way of having a head of state above politics as the Windsors do much to fun themselves as they were already very rich.

God save the Queen :D

Top Bottom