Jeff Morris's Strategy Briefs @ Avault

Intel Agency? I smell an small wonder...
Also, I doubt that the Panzer is actually weaker than the base unit, the Tank. Perhaps it's more like 14.8.3 for the Tank.

Originally posted by Jeff Morris:
All Ancient Era wonders have the penalty of being obsolete sooner or later, but their cultural contributions will only continue to grow.

This means that the Pyramids don't last forever!!:cry:
They've obviously wised up to styles of play for Civ 2 and seem to have annihilated all of them.
I think that the spy ability to poison water supplies was a cool one and it's a shame to lose it. It would seem that Mr Morris is one of those players who definitely lean more toward warmongering rather than diplomacy and so I'd be interested to read the comments of a dreadhead7-style player in contrast to this before deciding how much this advice is worth.

I can't wait for next week, I WANNA PLAY NOW :D

I think my family will give me up by the police as missing because they wont see me for a few weeks i know for sure. :D :D

Looks marvelous and thanks for the tips.

Originally posted by Thunderfall
Modern Era

Combat becomes exceedingly lethal in the Modern Era. Nuclear submarines enabled by Fusion and Tactical Nuclear Missiles enabled by Space Flight create a pretty potent one-two punch. These vessels are invisible except to other submarines and AEGIS Cruisers, so you can safely moor them off the shore of your rival. While they can only carry one missile at a time, a small wolf pack of four submarines can absolutely decimate important enemy cities. ICBMs are even more devastating. Enabled by Satellites, they can deliver a nuclear payload to any location on the globe.

This comment disturbs me a little bit. In my opinion, nuclear weapons should be used at the very bare minimum in Civ (just like the real world--thankfully so far). To hear them described thusly makes me think that they will be far too prominent an option in the Modern Era. Perhaps the Missile Defense is a worthwhile pursuit....

btw, love the new spaceship construction path

yeah...I hate global nuclear war...they always happen:mad: lack of realism...a real person able to think know thats going to destroy himself even if he is the first to attack...
I hope that there will be a possibility in the rules.txt to penalize strongly the civs that use nuclear warheads...

ANYTHING on destroying city??that seem to be the suprising new add in civ 3...

Yeah, nukes generally suck...but I hope there's some serious diplomatic consequences to using them. (MAD)

Really, I don't want 6 other civs start the brinksmanship race with nukes again, cause somebody will lose. Maybe the UN is worthwhile to build early to broker an anti-nuke treaty.

I'd rather not have Naploeon park an ICBM in my capital.

Great work TF.

What I find most curious is that in spite of all the past interviews, previews etc where firaxis incl. Jeff Morris talked about the importance of culture, it is not mentioned a single time in these strategy articles. This goes for all interaction of strategies, ie diplomacy, trade(sometimes mentioned) etc.

I only hope he is a warmonger and the other stuff doesn't interest him.

Wow, nuclear war sounds really exciting. In Civ2 it was hard to park a sub with nukes near the enemy, but if only other subs can see it, it sounds quite possible. That ICBM sounds scary though...

you'll need to enable Rocketry for Aluminum and Fission for Uranium, since they are the two strategic resources that are required to construct the spaceship parts.

:goodjob:
So I can prevent or at least slow down the AIs spaceship :D

Top Bottom