Joel's terrain, a new compilation of bright terrain

joelwest

Noble
compilation by joelwest of terrain files from various terrain packs - Ares de Borg, CCJ39, Cordy, Rhye, Sn00py's Terrain Greener, Warpstorm's Watercolor Terrain, etc.

my intent was to compile brighter greener terrain that is easy to read and similar in legibility to Civ 4 terrain. I went file by file in the Art\Terrain folder and compared all the above terrain packs for suitability. in some cases I left in alternate files which can be substituted for the one I picked by renaming it appropriately. the application I had in mine was new terrain for the Test For Time Civ 3 mod that attempts to duplicate various aspects of Civ 4.

note, this is strictly a compilation. there are no new terrain files in this graphics pack.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7341

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think it's a really great compilation! :D It's also great to recognize various elements from all those sets and see them blend together. But you should really fix the coasts. :) Kinda makes the whole thing unplayable (to me at least) and it's a pity.

I think it's a really great compilation! :D It's also great to recognize various elements from all those sets and see them blend together.
I guess it's okay. From the screenshot on the download page, it appears he has some interesting bonus grassland icons.

But you should really fix the coasts. :) Kinda makes the whole thing unplayable (to me at least) and it's a pity.
I agree.

Screenieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees please :)
There's a screenshot on the download page, just to let you know. Although, a screenie on the thread wouldn't hurt either.

guessing the coastline hasn't been completed? and the floodplains looks discoloured...

guessing the coastline hasn't been completed? and the floodplains looks discoloured...
It's just a compilation, so I assume he just put together various files.

Hey, Joel, I think you might just be using an old version of Snoopy's Terrain. Try to get the most recent one, and I think the coasts will work.

yes,yes but not much point compiling things that do not fit coherantly!

Why thankyou for that.. i hadnt realised in the many years i have been here

I think it's a really great compilation! :D It's also great to recognize various elements from all those sets and see them blend together. But you should really fix the coasts. :) Kinda makes the whole thing unplayable (to me at least) and it's a pity.
this is my first compilation, so I am new to blending different terrain types together. however to my uneducated eye I do not see an obvious problems.

please detail exactly what about the coastline does not work, preferably with a screenshot or reference to the one in this thread.

Sure, I'll clarify what I meant. :)

I meant the coast-sea blending:

Spoiler :

I circled the areas with problems. As you can see, the coast of the grassland is much lighter than the sea and the regular coast, and differently textured. :)

Top Bottom