Joint wars

lindsay40k

Emperor
Got invited by Pericles to join one against Tokimune. Don't think the two are already at war. No denunciations between Toku and me. No tooltip telling me how it'll affect warmonger rating. Anyone got a clue?

My partner got a Joint War declared on them by Harald and Hojo. It said Formal War, even tho neither AI had denounced them. So I presume it counts as a formal war?

I accepted a similar proposal from Pericles the other day.

Next turn, all 15 AI opponents denounced me with a -16 warmonger penalty... including Pericles.

Also, you actually can't ask a player to go to joint war against someone either player is already at war with, which is incredibly stupid. This means you can never ask your allied/friended civs for help when you're under attack, and they're obviously not going to help you on their own volition, allies or not.

The whole diplomacy system needs to be tossed out the window and replaced with Civ IV's.

Crikey. I'm glad we told him to shove it!

Anyone had this happen when they'd already denounced the third party? Given how the diplo system is held together with tape, I'm going to guess it doesn't count as a Formal War...

I find Joint Wars perplexing because the option only appears when neither civ is at war with the target, so you can't ask another civ to declare war on a civ you're at war with, and an AI civ can't request you declare war on a civ they're at war with. I don't understand those restrictions. Civ5's diplomacy screen wasn't as refined but it at least gave you all the options you needed. You could request the AI civs declare war while you were at peace or war; or you offer to declare war against their enemy.

Firaxis needs to add the diplomacy option of requesting another civ declare war against a civ they're already at war at, or to join a civ's war against a common enemy.

^ and peace as well, hell CSs should give you an Envoy for negotiating peace for them

(would need balancing to prevent MP conspiracies to game the system)

The best part is when you voluntarily declare war on the civ that's bashing up your friend, and the next turn your friend turns angry and denounce you for being a warmonger.

Top Bottom