Just finished my first game

Ahmad

Warlord
Played the Arabs at Prince difficulty on small continents map. Conquered France and England on my continent and Rome defeated the rest on their continent. I barely won in 2046 with a space race victory as Rome's score was higher than mine.

My first impressions:

- The game is really good. It doesn't deserve some of the overly harsh criticism on these forums.

- There are so many changes from Civ 4 and it's hard to adjust to them, especially if you've been playing Civ 4 for the past 5 years.

- There are also a lot of dropped features/concepts from Civ 4. I'm no longer able to trade techs, trade maps, see resource overview, zoom out to global map, retire, abandon city, see clock, set alarm, play my own music, utilize espionage, corporations, religions, etc. I expect a lot of these features/concepts will come back in one form or another in future expansions. I'm fine with that since the game as it stands now is quite enjoyable.

Hmm. Was planning to say more but I'd rather spend my time starting another game. :D

I assume taking map trading out was by design, and it is a change I like. The world feels much smaller for longer, and keeps me exploring the entire game.

Same with tech trading. I personally turned that off in CIV 4 when I Played. Usually a couple of clicks made every civ carbon copies of each other constantly. Forced a little more dynamic planning IMHO>

That being said I don't see why they didn't ship with option check boxes so people who like these aspects can turn them on.

Hah allmost the same expirience with my first win as well.I won in the very last trun before 2050 by space race :p

For the first time in quite a while I realised that one ov the Civs in my game never knew I existed.With map trading in Civ 4 and 3 that was impossible to happen.

Top Bottom