Just want to tweak an existing civ

Kellick_Lamorak

Chieftain
I find myself seriously overwhelmed by the level of IT knowledge it takes to make mods on civ 6.
I am way out of my depth here.

So I was wondering if there is a way to make things a lot simpler...

I have a question:
What if I don't want to create any new civ with new art, etc?
I mean, what if I just want to use all the data already available and working for say... the chinese.
Then, I just want to take out some of its current traits and add some from other existing civs.

It would Mean just making a copy of the Chinese that would have a small name difference,
And then just tweak it with already existing texts or whatever from other already existing civs.
An altered copy available for play if you will, using already existing abilities in the game.

Can I do that?

I would like this Deluxe Chinese Civ to have:
the cree scout as a special unit instead of the crouching tiger.
And I would want to take out the great wall.
I would also want to keep First Emperor and Dynastic cycle.

Then, I would want to add :
Plato's republic (Greek)
and Legend of the five suns (Aztec).

And then I would like to add some other traits that I would like to tweak a little if possible.
(If it's not possible, I can take the integral version, no problem)
These are:
Grand Tour from the french (without the bonus to tourism)
and Epic Quest from Sumeria (without the price reduction to levy units from city-states).

I mean, I am looking for a quick and easy copy/paste fix here...
Is that even possible?
Could anyone show me how to do that?
I would really appreciate any reply to this.
Thanks for your time.

Yes, is pretty possible.

I suggest you to use XML for better understanding. For what you need to do also you dont need modbuddy, only text editing.

You get Traits, Leaders and Civs from original game (you will need some more but you will get there trying) and choose all that you want and put in similar files, aka kellicksfirstmod_traits.xml etc.

Now, you have to delete china parts you dont want, with <Delete ....
And for other change to your civ name, for example _GREECE_ to _CHINA_

Not much in detail but I hope that helps.

I have the same doubt. I want to play with Brazil, using the traits of another civilization.
Can I made this using only text swap?
In Civilizations file:
<CivilizationTraits>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_BARBARIAN" TraitType="TRAIT_BARBARIAN"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" TraitType="TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_FOUNDING_FATHERS"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" TraitType="TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_BUILDING_FILM_STUDIO"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" TraitType="TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_UNIT_AMERICAN_P51"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_ARABIA" TraitType="TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_LAST_PROPHET"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_ARABIA" TraitType="TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_BUILDING_MADRASA"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_ARABIA" TraitType="TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_UNIT_ARABIAN_MAMLUK"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_BRAZIL" TraitType="TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_AMAZON"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_BRAZIL" TraitType="TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_UNIT_BRAZILIAN_MINAS_GERAES"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_BRAZIL" TraitType="TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_STREET_CARNIVAL"/>

I can't found Copacabana trait. Where is the "copacabana" updated information from brazilian?
How can I made this swap(change Brazil trait with another civilization)?

Thank you.

thank for the reply.
But I think I can't wrap my brain around what you're giving me...

Since you seem clueless I made a little starting point for what you need ( in attachment), hope that helps.

Attachments

• ChinaEnhance.zip
    970 bytes · Views: 151
Top Bottom