Kefka's FF3/6 map W.O.B

Kefka

Your local Schizophrenic
I tried to make a map for FF3 but I could not size the land right without giving each civ decent starting places I created 8 starting places.
but again I warn everyone the land is sized very wrong.
I blame it on the Editor for not having a minimap.

I can't put a screen shoot up as I don't have anything to do it with.

Attachments

• ff3w.o.b.forciv3-v.1.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 667
I downloaded a screenshot program and now I can display the map.

here is what I ended up with without a minimap in the editor. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• screen03.jpg
    screen03.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 2,449
Some notes on the map:
1.one place has a clear advantage over all the other starting places
2.there are 8 starting places
3.because of the lack of rivers in some places each starting place starts with Irrigation.

What is this a map of?

E.G what is FF3/6 :confused:

FF3 was about a world that had been regressed thousands of years technologically due to a 'mage war'. The game is set at a time when industrialisation had just begun and magic was about to be rediscovered by the empire.

In the game the villan was called...Kefka.

Hey Kefka, do you think you could do a FF5 map? I have an idea for a FF5 mod, but I wasn't any good with the map.

Originally posted by Sixchan
FF3 was about a world that had been regressed thousands of years technologically due to a 'mage war'. The game is set at a time when industrialisation had just begun and magic was about to be rediscovered by the empire.

In the game the villan was called...Kefka.

Hey Kefka, do you think you could do a FF5 map? I have an idea for a FF5 mod, but I wasn't any good with the map.

I don't know the FF5 map that good and I don't have an overveiw on paper to use.

Originally posted by kittenOFchaos
What is this a map of?

E.G what is FF3/6 :confused:

WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT FF IS?
I hope your joking if not then "May the gods of gaming have mercy on your soul" :sad: :vampire:
Its Final Fantasy 3/6
Three in america and six in japan. (Im not sure about other places)

Originally posted by JonnyWup
Final Fantasy 1 - 6 never appear in German or any other europe Country :(

That is the FF6 map you have made (Worldof Balance):

ahhhh
that explains the europeon hatred of america ;) j/k

but really FF2 and FF3 were not released in america.
as they were FF4 and FF6

america got
1) this is the one I got hooked on first ;)
4) renamed FF2 in ameica just to make us think we did not get skiped over
5) released just a short while ago with FF Antology(6-5)
6) renamed FF3 in america right after FF2/4
7) and so on...this were it became popular
8) a poor example of FF's
9) were they bring back the old school FF style
10) haven't played yet as I don't want to spend $300 on a playstation 2

Final Fantasy 10 is okay, but it has dubbed voices. Anyone who has ever watched animation (japanese) knows how BAD the voice actors can be... I think that was a bad decision on Square's part, but otherwise, it's good so far. (I just bought a ps2). I just wish there were an option to have the original Japanese voices with english subtitles or something. I'd like that much better than this dubbed stuff. Its still not as good as 6 or 7 (or 3 and 7).

Johnny... or whatever.
The FF games WERE released in Europe. I live in Norway for christs sake, and I got FF6-9 plus FFX demo. However, the SNES games were never released (except from Final Fantasy Adventure II, better known as Secret of Mana, or Seiken Denetsu II).

Aye??? By the way, I need a FF7 map... Seriously... Or I will kill you all.

I've been looking for this as I'm going to make a FF6 fullscale mod, however, I may need to touchup on the map if you don't mind.

Originally posted by Hygro
I've been looking for this as I'm going to make a FF6 fullscale mod, however, I may need to touchup on the map if you don't mind.
I been working on a (less than fullscale) Mod and I almost had it complete.
I created this map long before that (very usefull) minimap came into play, I did touch up almost all of my map,

completly redid the eastern part of the empires Island and sized things differently to LOOK more like the FF3/6 map, balanced resourses just a bit, added more starting places, created cities belonging to many different civs, (Including the unoficial "North Figaro") you know the place Figaro Castle moves too.
Made that esper land major barbarian territory, upgraded the barbarians. and A whole lot more.
I gave each civ apropiate tec and aproriatte attributes , I even had the Empire start Two ICBM's ;)
but all my work was never uploaded here and thus I lost it all when my dad quick restored our comp.
so I given up on trying to do all that work again, I just don't have the time nowadays :(

oh yea and a note as for an earlier comment I made, I did shell out the <300$ to play FFX ;)

Very cool. I actually didn't get around to working on the map like I planned (no surprise there), but I still have a strong interest in such a game.

Top Bottom