Kerguelen, 2008, A New Nation is Formed

My proposal will have to wait a day, I am not on my own computer and this one does not have MS paint so, well.

I agree, too little time and too complex with strong provinces (Federal and Confederate structure), some regional jurisdictions centered around a strong central state is the best for a forum game.

I think we can do good with a local administrative level and a national level, as only a million people is not much. But a local administrative level allows individual players to run pet projects on local development.

While I agree with this in principle, I really thinks it's unnecessary for the game. If one wants to do that, I say go ahead, but it shouldn't be required of a parliament member.

While I agree with this in principle, I really thinks it's unnecessary for the game. If one wants to do that, I say go ahead, but it shouldn't be required of a parliament member.

Of course, it does not have to be a requirement, some MPs can let their place be run on autopilot. But those who do, should get a base budget.

Sorry my proposal is still nonexistent. My jerk brother gave me the flu.

Hope you get better Happy, sometimes we get ill, such is life.

However, this game has been on stall for almost a year, so we are not in a hurry anytime soon. If you cannot make a new proposal, at least I hope you can find what is good and bad in the present proposal, so we go somewhere, and that you do not derail the process by asking for this alternative and not delivering it.

One suggestion. (This would probably deserve a separate thread, but when there is only one gaming world thread yet....)

Why start this game in 2008? If this will last half a year we will end in year 2014. But i have a bad feeling that the world would look alamost same as in year 2008. I hope that i won't offer our mods when i say that they wouldn't have the courage to change the world enough to make it feel like a future?

Why we doesn't start our state in past (after WW II, of course)? The historical events can provide enough issues to keep the parliament busy, and the ministry of exterior would have same power.

just my :commerce: :commerce:

One suggestion. (This would probably deserve a separate thread, but when there is only one gaming world thread yet....)

Why start this game in 2008? If this will last half a year we will end in year 2014. But i have a bad feeling that the world would look alamost same as in year 2008. I hope that i won't offer our mods when i say that they wouldn't have the courage to change the world enough to make it feel like a future?

Why we doesn't start our state in past (after WW II, of course)? The historical events can provide enough issues to keep the parliament busy, and the ministry of exterior would have same power.

just my :commerce: :commerce:

I think it does not matter, the GMs are not to interested in either historical, alternate historical, historical futuristic or contemporary history.

I think this will be an abstracted game based loosely on contemporary events.
Then again, no effort goes into the gameworld, all goes into constitution and rules, so I do not feel motivated to argue much more.

I could play any decade, with scaled time and a sound economic model as a base, but I think this will be about easy political programs and somewhat for the smallest common denominator. Observing the pace of putting this together, the creation of the game itself may last to 2014.

Top Bottom