Kerry supporters... in the middle of all this, did you ever stop and consider...

*chuckle* I remember a few months ago, several lefty blogs started speculating that if Kerry survived the attack ads of the right in a competative fashion, the next target would be Teresa Kerry. I argued against the idea, because I felt that most conservatives were too intelligent to try that kind of desperation measure.

Hello, is this Crow-in-a-Bowl? I'd like to place a take-out order...

*sigh*

Little Raven said:
... because I felt that most conservatives were too intelligent ...

"Intelligent conservatives"?!

I am sure they are out there somewhere, but slowly that phrase is turning into an oxymoron.

OTOH, if (a big *if*) Bush loses they maybe able to come out of the woodwork.

test_specimen said:
You mean like having an opinion of her own and thinking for herself while not being dependent on her husband? How un-American (for a woman)!

Cute, but, alas, incorrect. You shall have to look elsewhere for cues for your constant anti-American vituperation.

We have had numerous first ladies that were strong and independent (Hillary Clinton, for instance), and they were all certainly American.

Heinz-Kerry's problem is that she is unaccustomed to American media norms. She says things in public that simply aren't acceptable for politicians here to say. She yells and argues with hecklers, she swears, mumbles strange things, etc. She appears to be used to a political climate where these things aren't as important, as is the case in Europe.

Answer: So he can finally live in a house Teresa does not own.

OK, it's not that great....

SeleucusNicator said:
Cute, but, alas, incorrect. You shall have to look elsewhere for cues for your constant anti-American vituperation.

We have had numerous first ladies that were strong and independent (Hillary Clinton, for instance), and they were all certainly American.

Heinz-Kerry's problem is that she is unaccustomed to American media norms. She says things in public that simply aren't acceptable for politicians here to say. She yells and argues with hecklers, she swears, mumbles strange things, etc. She appears to be used to a political climate where these things aren't as important, as is the case in Europe.

God stop labeling stuff anti-american. Just because someone points out an aspect of our culture doesn't mean it's anti-american.

You don't think Hillary got alot of flak because she was a strong women? Well then you havn't visited the solid red states any time recently. I can guarantee you in Utah and Idaho Hillary was unpopular simply due to the fact that she was an independent women.

Teresa speaks her mind and doesn't play into the fake political game we have going on in this country and I commend her for it.

SeleucusNicator said:
She sounds like a typical American.

Well she does look a little like Cruela Devile, but I don't know what that has to do with the presidential election...

I agree that she isn't exactly very American but damn the Republicans have Schwarzenegger...

BTW, for someone who found Teresa Heinz to be too european: She was born in Mozambique, went to the university and South Africa and well - she is quite international.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teresa_Heinz_Kerry

Seleucus, if you regard this as quite european, you are giving Europeans by far too much credit.

I like her Ketchup, too, btw. ;)

About the dog thing...man, who hasn't watched their dog lounge blissfully on the couch all day without feeling a little bit of envy?

thestonesfan said:
About the dog thing...man, who hasn't watched their dog lounge blissfully on the couch all day without feeling a little bit of envy?

me...................... but um I have thought the same thing about my cats

SeleucusNicator said:
Heinz-Kerry's problem is that she is unaccustomed to American media norms. She says things in public that simply aren't acceptable for politicians here to say.

You've almost described Kerry.

betazed said:
"Intelligent conservatives"?!

I am sure they are out there somewhere, but slowly that phrase is turning into an oxymoron.

OTOH, if (a big *if*) Bush loses they maybe able to come out of the woodwork.

I know a couple, but I think they're really libertarians in disguise.

/cheap shot

Renata

andrewgprv said:
God stop labeling stuff anti-american. Just because someone points out an aspect of our culture doesn't mean it's anti-american.

Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said that she was anti-American -- I said that she acted in a manner which was more European than American.

You don't think Hillary got alot of flak because she was a strong women? Well then you havn't visited the solid red states any time recently. I can guarantee you in Utah and Idaho Hillary was unpopular simply due to the fact that she was an independent women.

Oh, of course. To this day, Hillary Clinton maintains a cult of whackos that hates her beyond human reason and understanding. But Hillary is a skilled politican, and she has never committed the bizzare media gaffes that Heinz-Kerry is quickly becoming infamous for.

storealex said:
She sounds like a typical American.

Cute. ;) Seriously, though, politics in this country is so bizarre. You could just tell watching the first debate the Bush wanted to rip Kerry a new one for some of the things he was saying. But could he say it? Nope -- just look how much mileage the media got out of his less-than-pleased facial expressions. Can you imagine if he'd lost his temper? They'd have made him look like a mentally unstable loose cannon.

Yet at the same time, the media will give a complete pass to truly reprehensible things. Even the New York Times, that bastion of liberal elitism and responsible truth-seeking, refuses to call Bush or Cheney liars regarding issues like the non-existent connection of Saddam Hussein to the 9-11 attacks. Instead they use ridiculous circumlocutions that fool no one yet still remain technically ambiguous.

In a sense, Teresa Kerry is playing right into the media's scandal-mongering, grubby little hands by acting the way she does. On the other hand, though, she's a breath of fresh air and emotional honesty in the stultifying, artificial, over-choreographed world of American politics and media.

Yeah, confirmed Bush voters are going to make fun of her. Kerry voters might love her, roll their eyes at her in amusement, or be embarrassed by her. But is she actually going to affect anyone's vote all by herself? Doubt it.

Renata

She's such a free-thinker! An independent spirit! You know, I mean, she told the press to 'Shove off'! Who would do that besides an independent woman!

*sigh* :crazyeye:

Sorry, but I just had to do it :D

Attachments

• BvK.jpg
    BvK.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 121
Free Thinker? Maybe, I geuss if I inherited a few billion dollars I would have nothing else to do than say things like, how housewives aren't really working hard, or librarians. I geuss when you have as many maids as she it's easy. As far as being a dog, no I never felt envious. Too much hair and licking my own butt is not quite what I have in mind for lounging about. Teresa wouldn't have veered me from voting for Kerry though (he did that himself). She is just another rich person with lots of time to think about the meaning of life who doesn't know how to act in the political world. Telling the media to shove off isn't impressive, I've done that myself. I just think she is so rich and "independant" that she doesn't have to care. If you were a billionare then you would be pretty free with what you said too. I dont' think she really has anything to do with the election though. A source of my entertainment maybe. Not beautiful though. My wife is far hotter.

Top Bottom