Kinda lame ?

Keaka26

Chieftain
How do I set production of roads/railroads for my workers? I do every single tile one by one to connect my cities, but I know there is a way to make the workers continue on a set path to create roads/rails.

Can someone tell me the command?

BTW I read the whole faq, and it wasnt in there. :D

ctrl-r, this will build the fastest possible route to another town. But will not always make the straight direct route. If you have some roads somewhere else that are really clsoe to the other city the worker may go their and then build the new road from there, instead of going directly from current location to end location.

And you don't need to read the whole FAQ for this kind of information. Go to the Quick Answers thread at the top of this forum. Just post your question and you'll get...well...a quick answer. :)

Keaka, maybe you want to turn on the Advanced commands/controls in preferences.

Also, I wish there was a way to make workers automate road building, I would set all my slaves to do this operation!

Originally posted by illphil
ctrl-r, this will build the fastest possible route to another town. But will not always make the straight direct route. If you have some roads somewhere else that are really clsoe to the other city the worker may go their and then build the new road from there, instead of going directly from current location to end location.

For Railroads you'll want to do Shift-Ctrl-R. This will also build roads to that location if you don't already have them there.

Originally posted by valamas
Also, I wish there was a way to make workers automate road building, I would set all my slaves to do this operation!

If you have your tiles the way you want them (irrigated or mined) then doing a shift-ctrl-a should automate/keep improvements/this city only that worker for that city. If there aren't any roads there, it might put them there. I don't know that for sure. However, if you don't have but can put railroads there, shift-ctrl-a will railroad all tiles in that city radius. But the AI's not to smart about where to put them. And only two workers will try to (automatically) railroad a tile at a time.

Too bad automated workers do not have a priority to link all cities with rail first...

Top Bottom