1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Kingdom Come: Deception (Game Thread)

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Arakhor, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Super Moderator

Spoiler for Rakkoon :

Role: Andrew the Innkeeper
    Faction
    : Loyalist
    Victory Condition: Identify and eliminate all those rebelling against Wenceslaus's rule.
    Illiterate - You are unable to read or write.

Spoiler for Visorslash :

Role: Father Godwin
    Faction
    Victory Condition: Identify and eliminate all those rebelling against Wenceslaus's rule.
    Literate - As a man of the cloth, you know how to read and write.

Spoiler for Rrraskolnikov :

Role: Combat Master Vanyek
    Faction

Spoiler for LordArgon :

Role: Zbyshek
    Faction
    : Traitor
    Victory Condition: Although you are an ordinary citizen of the town of Skalitz, you have no loyalty to the king or your fellow citizens. Try to ensure that the Rebels take power in Bohemia, even though you have no special knowledge as to who the rebels might be.

Spoiler for Samson :

Roles: Matthew of Skalitz
    Faction
    Best Friends - You and Fritz (Dolbster) grew up together in Skalitz and remain as thick as thieves today. Although you cannot communicate in private, you know that both of you are Loyalists.

topsecret likes this.
  2. Arakhor

Spoiler for MarcherJovian :

Role: Runt the Bandit
    Faction
    : Rebel
    Victory Condition: Have the Rebels equal or outnumber all remaining Loyalists.
    Faction QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/BpwgpwYYNWtBm
    Faction Ability: A Rebel who is not using a night-time ability may attempt to kill their target. Only one person may use this ability each night.
    Strongman - Twice per game, when making the nightly kill attempt, you can ensure that your target will die, regardless of any protection, provided that you are able to act.

Cover Role: Bianca the Barmaid
    Faction

Spoiler for Dolbster :

Roles: Fritz of Skalitz
    Faction
    Best Friends - You and Matthew (Samson) grew up together in Skalitz and remain as thick as thieves today. Although you cannot communicate in private, you know that both of you are Loyalists.

Spoiler for Csargo :

Role: Johanka the Nurse
    Faction
    Healing Hands - You may target someone each night. If your target is attacked that night, you may attempt to save their life with your healing skills. Once you have tried to do this twice, you may no longer use this ability.

Spoiler for Timsup2nothin :

Role: Matthias the Stablehand
    Faction

Spoiler for Takhisis :

Role: Theresa, the Miller's Daughter
    Faction
    Tinker the Dog - Your faithful companion will warn you if someone targets you at night, provided that you survive of course, but not who they were or what they did.
    He also allows you to use either of the following abilities at night. Once you have used a particular ability, you cannot use it again.
    Track: You may target a player to learn whom they targeted that night, but not what action that player performed.
    Watch: You target a player to learn who targeted them that night, but not what actions were performed on them.

topsecret likes this.
  3. Csargo

Csargo Emperor

I think Tak's abilities were on the weaker side considering 2x strongman and roleblock, plus potential recruitment.

4. Arakhor

Spoiler for GamezRule :

Role: Hans Capon
    Faction
    Poet - As a spoilt teenager, you have become used to getting what you want, however impractical or foolish that might be. Once per night, you may send a short letter of up to fifteen words to any living player. Of course, you have no idea if they too are a loyalist or, indeed, if they can even read. You may not send a letter to the same person twice.
    Literate - As a nobleman, you know how to read and write.

Spoiler for Pzelda :

Role: Erik, the Bandit Captain
    Faction
    Faction Ability: A Rebel who is not using a night-time ability may attempt to kill their target. Only one person may use this ability each night.
    Recruiter - Twice per game, instead of making the nightly kill attempt, you can try to recruit a local traitor to your cause. If your target is the traitor, they join the Rebels at the end of the night.
    Literate - You were mentored by a wealthy nobleman and know how to read and write.

Cover Role: Sir Radzig Kobyla
    Faction

Spoiler for JohannaK :

Role: Markvart von Aulitz
    Faction
    Roleblocker - Three times per game, instead of making the nightly kill attempt, you can stop your target from using any abilities that night, provided that you are able to act.

Cover Role: Miller Peshek
    Faction

Spoiler for Golden1Knight :

Role: Sir Divish of Talmberg
    Faction

Spoiler for Topsecret :

Role: Sir Hanush of Leipa
    Faction
    Liege Lord - As the lord of Rattay and much of the surrounding land, your voice carries great weight in discussions. At the end of each day, if the person you are voting to be lynched is tied in the lead with a different candidate, you will prevail and your candidate will be lynched instead.
    Illiterate - Despite being a nobleman, you never learnt to read or write.

5. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

Reading the dead chat about how everyone knew Jo was the wolf would have been depressing if it weren't for everyone in the deadchat also knowing that TS was the wolf.

6. Arakhor

Well, the strongman was purely to counter you. The roleblock was a hint that someone else had usable abilities, whereas the recruitment couldn't be used the same night as the NK.

But yes, Takhisis could have done with maybe a couple more uses on his abilities.

7. Csargo

Csargo Emperor

:smug:

I kinda feel like the Day 5 lynch sort of messed the game up pretty badly. Neither you or Tak should have been wagons that day imho. Should have been some combination of Jo/TS/G1K.

8. Csargo

Csargo Emperor

More uses would have been fine I think. He was just as likely to reveal a town role as a mafia one.

9. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

Reading through the thread was depressing because I never, ever, should have gotten to the point I was at with Jo. I don't take full responsibility for that, but I contributed plenty.

10. topsecret

topsecret Believer Supporter

OK Pzelda and Tim it's confession time.

Zelda was so townie early on that I started getting suspicious. So when Csargo asked me for a read on Zelda's scumgame, I gave a bad read to see his reaction - I knew he could do better. I was trying to get a reaction. Didn't really work but oh well.

So yes Tim that was a horrible read and you saw right through it.

11. topsecret

@Arakhor We apologize if you felt we ended it without you. Didn't mean to do so. I just knew it was over and we had all three agreed to lock (I locked very early). Sorry.

12. topsecret

Later I forgot about it and starting pure town reading again.

13. topsecret

Just want to say thanks again Arakhor! You did a great job and I enjoyed the set up.

Synsensa likes this.
  14. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

I was so off.

I should have noticed that Pzelda never responded to that and rattled his cage.

15. topsecret

One thing about losing: I always learn a lot. :)

16. LordArgon

LordArgon King

Yay, I win, I guess. I wish I had survived to be recruited, but oh well.

17. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

I learned one thing for sure, but I'll have to tell you that one later. The rest I'll share freely now...

Never ignore the flavor.

Always lynch Jo.

When in a situation where days are routinely blurring together, check the calendar.

No matter how hard I try I just always wind up looking towny AF.

topsecret likes this.
  18. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

Probably didn't need the lost wolf itg (4 wolves in a 15 player game is high)

Gg all wp

Thanks for running Arakhor

topsecret likes this.
  19. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

Always lynch Jo? :(

Basically there was a trail of corpses who went out sussing me personally. I thought I was gonna die on D2, and I was sure I was gotten.

I'm a terrible wolf that cannot hide and the only reason I made it this far is that half the people were just as bad. :crazyeye:

That's the perception I have of myself. Plus I am town 80% of the time, so 80% of times you'd mislynch. :p

topsecret likes this.
  20. LordArgon

LordArgon King

If I knew I could be recruited I would have been more obvious about my role.