Korea Deity Playthrough

I can't understand why u waited so long to build the oxford university. I thought it was a pretty important wonder due to the culture gained?
I was waiting for the policy in Artistry which gives golden age points on building NW. Now I think its not very optimal to delay the Oxford that long though.

Also, u don't seem to go "all in" for getting a religion (now luckily you got one) how was your thinking about that? How would you have progressed from a point where you hadn't got one? Is religion something that you can live without, just waiting for it to spread to you?

I'm asking cus in my last game I won't be getting one, even though I picked the same pantheon as you and managed to build two wonders with it (stonehenge and pyramids). Last religion got picked turn 95 - kind of sucks.

Also, u don't seem to go "all in" for getting a religion (now luckily you got one) how was your thinking about that? How would you have progressed from a point where you hadn't got one? Is religion something that you can live without, just waiting for it to spread to you?

I'm asking cus in my last game I won't be getting one, even though I picked the same pantheon as you and managed to build two wonders with it (stonehenge and pyramids). Last religion got picked turn 95 - kind of sucks.
Actually Stonehenge, Beauty and Tradition is quite a powerful combo to found a religion. You must be really unlucky to not able to have one. If I was going aggressive, not having a religion is fine, but with a standard peaceful tradition play it will hurt really bad because taking a holy city is not an easy task and play without religion on deity is impossible.

Actually Stonehenge, Beauty and Tradition is quite a powerful combo to found a religion. You must be really unlucky to not able to have one. If I was going aggressive, not having a religion is fine, but with a standard peaceful tradition play it will hurt really bad because taking a holy city is not an easy task and play without religion on deity is impossible.
I was playing Venice today and I missed a Religion despite getting Beauty, Stonehenge, Petra, Great Library, and Hanging Gardens on Deity. I think you need supporting Shrines in secondary cities nowadays, Religion goes early in the latest versions.

Wow, how did u manage to pull off that many early wonders on deity!? You must have had quite some luck there?

Yeah I've had a game on this version where all religions are gone by turn 80. Its crazy.

Wow, how did u manage to pull off that many early wonders on deity!? You must have had quite some luck there?
I had a fairly standard Stonehenge--->Petra rush. Trade Routes are really useful, the Science enabled me to get Writing on Turn 66, I then built GL in 10 turns with the help of a Manufactory from the Beauty Engineer. I used the free tech on Mathematics and I got lucky with Hanging Gardens, investing in it and getting on Turn 84. I suspect there was a leading civ who was trying to build Great Library when I snatched it, hence that civ had put no progress in Hanging Gardens.

I was considering bulbing the Engineer but I wanted to try and manage both wonders and I surprisingly got both of them.

Top Bottom