[NFP] Kublai Khan Discussion Thread

I believe his agenda is that he hates you, specifically. They are simplifying it.
Still better than Menelik's "muh hills" agenda. :p

His agenda will be "Person from Porlock" - he hates unannounced visitors. You have to wait for him to send requests, you can never initiate them.

That sounds like me IRL.

Just an aside, I've been using a colour called "Xanadu" with white to represent Mongolia for ages now. It's sort of slightly greenish grey.

I seem to recall her native language was a langue d'oïl but that she doubtless also spoke langue d'oc, given that was the language of the trobadors/troubadours she patronized.

She speaks occitan in the game (I recognized it), and occitan=langue d'oc (it was just two names for a same language basically; let's say that langue d'oc was just a little broader than occitan).
As for her native language, she was born in Poitiers which was, indeed, a langue d'oïl territory, which is why it was so specific for her to patronize troubadours and not trouvères (trouvères are troubadours but in lange d'oïl).
If she had spoken in langue d'oïl, it would look a lot more like old French that the language she's speaking currently, which is definititely not French, old or new. And I find it wonderful to have an Occitan-speaking leader in the game. And it makes sense: she patronized the langue d'oc for a long time, so making her speaking it is quite understandable even if it wasn't her native language.

"A free Eureka and Inspiration when sending a trade route to each civ the first time" is an unused code long existed in the game. The devs probably repurposed it for Kublai.

I would also say it is fairly situational, on a normal sized map Kublai would only receive 7 Eureka and Inspiration at maximum, not to say he would also have a hard time to reach civs on the other side of the world.

Provided you have enough Civs that are close or it doesn't trigger off CS and you can create trading web off them, you could always wait for late-game and then send out army of traders, getting flurry of Atomic and Information Boosts.

In addition, the trade route can give 2 eureka
1:38

The second one is probably Currency gained normal way.

Based on previous NFP leaders, he dislikes civs that use trade routes. :rolleyes: He and Wilhelmina are going to hate each other. :mischief:

Or he dislikes Civs that get Eurekas and Inspirations he doesn't get.

I believe his agenda is that he hates you, specifically. They are simplifying it.

Evolution of Agendas:
- He hates civilizations with two vowels exactly in their names provided they share at least one tile border with him but only on Mondays
- He hates civilizations with Science output exactly 2.356 times higher than his
- He hates civilizations with blue color
- He hates civilizations
- He hates

I know everyone is passionate about Vietnam now, but what if Khubilai's pastures get +1 faith for each adjacent plain tile without a forest?
upload_2021-1-21_23-50-23.png

I know everyone is passionate about Vietnam now, but what if Khubilai's pastures get +1 faith for each adjacent plain tile without a forest?
View attachment 582369
Wh-what?? That is... So specific. I doubt that Firaxis would make something that specific.

View attachment 582369
That sounds a little too similar to Scythia's kurgan that can gain faith from each adjacent pasture.

View attachment 582369

If you'e pointing to the source of his Faith, he still had 3 Faith while the Pasture would give this way 4.

She also gets upset that you're too far away to trade with. :p Agendas really would make more sense if they were contextual so that Wilhelmina doesn't hate you for being on the other side of the world or Harald doesn't hate you for having no navy despite also having no coastline etc...
"Your coasts are unprotected, friend. All too easy to raid."

Sure, lemme just build a few galleys in my lake and along my main river.

not if it also doesnt apply to plains floodplains

That would be 2 so he'd need God-King or some such. And under those circumstances the bonus would feel so limiting it might as well not be there. It would have to be +2 or +3 as If you expect flat feature-less Floodplains around it, you either have lots of dead tiles for that one Pasture or districts that give you more power over summoning devil by the circle of horse buildings than actual adjacency yields.

Another suggestion:
+1 faith for each killed unit
We were told that he was ruthless

Another suggestion:
+1 faith for each killed unit
We were told that he was ruthless
+1 Faith per turn or +1 Faith immediately after you kill a Unit?

+1 Faith per turn or +1 Faith immediately after you kill a Unit?
+1 faith per turn after killing each unit
It can be assumed that Khubilai has already killed 3 barbarians and even researched the Bronze Working, since he sees iron

If I remember correctly, Kublai was supposedly extremely fascinated by Tibetan Buddhism. It seems like a natural fit for him to get some kind of faith yield from tiles - maybe from appeal to harmonise with the new preserve.

So we're pretty much getting the video for Kublai on Tuesday, right?
Not sure if I translated it correctly (correct if I was wrong), but are you talking about faith bonuses from the new district?
But he is not in the video, but +3 faith per turn is

Top Bottom