Lag makes game unplayable after patch

Cat4Tumbleweed

Chieftain
Ever since I bought Civ 5 at the start of 2013, I've been able to play without many issues. There's been a touch of lag here and there, but it's been smooth and playable for the most part. However, ever since the latest patch for BNW dropped, I've been experiencing lag that makes the game unplayable. It's not something that adds up over time, either. The lag is horrible right from the beginning of the match. The size of the map and amount of players doesn't affect the lag. My FPS has dropped like a rock, and it's just impossible to do anything. I haven't changed any system settings, it's all the same as before the patch. Any help would be appreciated, as I would love to play BNW tomorrow without issues :)

System Specs:

Spoiler :
OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium

Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name NUTRIMITE

System Manufacturer Dell Inc.

System Model Inspiron 530

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz, 2331 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.0.18, 2/24/2009

SMBIOS Version 2.5

6 GB RAM

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 3450

My video settings are pretty much all set on "Medium".

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey there Cat. I encountered a problem very similar to this (in fact, almost identical) and while I still have some minor lag issues, I managed to reduce the problem significantly by following the short list of instructions here. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11571604&postcount=31

It seems to me that this is more of a band-aid then a real solution. But I imagine that there is little that can be done until they get a patch out to improve optimization.

I have had the exact same issue but nothing changes after I applied the "band-aid" that you showed.

I too am running Windows Vista SP2.

I've been running the settings pretty much on low, and I know my graphics card can handle it.

Top Bottom