Lama in progress

Um... Anything but the BMPs, is that okay? I don't really know how to use Steph's storyboard creator. So, can you send my the storyboard, or flc? Please? Thanks. Again, my eternal gratitude.

It's okay... besides, then you'd have to create a palette, and I dunno if you have much experience with that. Shouldn't take me too much longer... working on it right now.

Actually, size wise, what every size you used in the settler preview you showed on page 1. If that's not too much trouble. I can't wait. True, I have no idea how to use the palletes. Thanks again.

Llama FLICs

I caution you though that I don't think the Run flic is very good... too bouncy... so my advice is either A) try to clean it up yourself, or B) hold off on doing that particular animation while I clean it up in Poser and send it to you later... but there's lots of other stuff there to work with.

Mithadan,

And the funniest thing of all is that the Central American tapir species at least (the biggest of all of them) can be easily domesticated - there were such experiments back in 60-70s. They even let people make them to draw a plow in a field. And they strong enough for this, strionger than a horse anyway.

But the native American seems to have been too wastefull towards the unique biota of the New World - they did not domesticate any of 9 (!) species of native American horses and asses - they simply exterminated them while populating the continents for food. The same - with other creatures.

Actually the Incan llamas were the only successful domestication event in the New World (except guinea pigs and some pounltry). Enven though the New World animals are generally more tolerant towards humans the those of the Old World.

Btw, - once there was one very interesting thing when the anscestors in Incas tried to domesticate anothre creature - they kept giant ground sloth (not the biggest species though, just one the size of a big bull) in a cave in fed him. But it eventually faild some 7 000 yoears B.P. And the species went extinct, too...

Dom Pedro II

can you make your incan sttler mode (in the page 1 of this thread) available for dowloan? - I just love how it looks and would like very much to have it in my scenarios. :)

And also - are you going to do your separate llama unit, too? Would be great to have both versions - yours and Gogf's
:)

Unforunately, I would believe that judging by the direction of the arms, the settler is not done yet :(. The Llama alone is available for download, click on "Llama Flcs" link a little higher up on this page.

Where is it in your Qeue? I'm vevising my official order request as follows:

Llama Settler (this is going to look awesome!)
Dakkar
Gatlin Gun Elephant
Zebra Warrior

Btw, Gogf, did you know that unlike llama and zebra riders, there werre real (!) Indian rhinoceros riders during ancient aryan colonization of India?

For all I remember that time the giant beasts with thickest skin on Earth - natural armour plates - were regarded as best alternative for horses in massive battles, However the rhinos prooved to be ineffective riding animals - too dull and clumsy probubly and besides they did not breed in captivity.

So the aryans switched back to the horses and then started experimenting with war elephants.

I would give them +1 attack (horns) and +1 defense (natural armor) with -1 movement over horse riders.

I have seen a Rhino resource at CDG - that should be required.

And if you are going to make a rider, you might as well flesh out the whole horse line, including a riderless rhino.

I already have full elephant and camel lines, looking forward to adding the llama and rhino now - fictitious or not!:)

I had no idea the tapir actually was domesticable, only that the natives didn't try to domesticate them. 'Tis been a long time since I read that article! Fascinating stuff, though. Rhino rider? Wow!

Guys - remember one thing - excepcionally Indian one-horned rhino. :) - They are probably the only species that may be used for warfare pupose - (giant enough to no be afraid of even elephants in the wild, but unlike similar in size african species they are quite docile and really have awesome skin plates looking like real plates of armour) ,
Due to the latter they have very distinctive appearance (as if they are truly covered with knight-horse armour and have very stout and short horn on the long flat head. Also their bodies are very long and legs are short with wide feet.

As for the stats - i'd give them no penalty marsh / forest movement (they are swamp dwellers actually) plus 4 HP bonuses and + 3 attack and defence strength in comparison with horse (for the war elephants in comparison with rided rhinos there should be lesser HP bonus than in a rhino and much lesser defence but strong attack and more movement)

BUT - rihnos should VERY expensive weapon and what about resources - can anyone make a rhino resource (there were taken exclusively from the wild and not bred in captivity)?

Top Bottom