Lamest random event ever!

Something I find hilarious just happened.

I just got the event to upgrade all of my axemen to Shock for free...on the same turn I finished researching bronzeworking. :lol: :crazyeye: :lol: :crazyeye: :lol:

I think it means that your axemen will be promoted for free when you build them..
Actually, I'm pretty sure, unless it is some new event...
Once I got event when all my axemen will be promoted to cover. Great, I said, it is like city raider for free!!! But, I didn't have nor copper or iron:cry:

Yeah, those events upgrade that all that kind of unit, both already built and future units. There's one for triremes as well. Is there one for mounted units?

Yeah, those events upgrade that all that kind of unit, both already built and future units. There's one for triremes as well. Is there one for mounted units?

Hi

Yeah there is a random event where your blacksmith develope a new type of improved horseshoe (I guess they get lil pumps and swooshes on em or something) and all mounted units get flanking 1. It can be REALLY coolies if you get THAT event along with quest to build so many chariots, depending on mapsize. Complete the chariot quest and all chariots get combat 1. That quest plus the even means combat 1, flanking 1 chariots even if you dont build em in cities with barracks and/or stables.

Kaytie

But, I didn't have nor copper or iron:cry:

It's But I had neither copper nor iron. Preferably, you could begin your sentence with something other than the word "but", but I won't go into that :mischief:

nah, most lamest event was when I made a research breakthrought and one of my two choices was 2 points of research to finish out mathmatics.
Heh... you had a breakthrough of... "Wait! If i carry the 7... EUREKA!" :lol:

Hi

Yeah there is a random event where your blacksmith develope a new type of improved horseshoe (I guess they get lil pumps and swooshes on em or something) and all mounted units get flanking 1. It can be REALLY coolies if you get THAT event along with quest to build so many chariots, depending on mapsize. Complete the chariot quest and all chariots get combat 1. That quest plus the even means combat 1, flanking 1 chariots even if you dont build em in cities with barracks and/or stables.

Kaytie

That's right. I've got the horseshoe one a couple of times. I think they shoe elephants too.

they probably shoe camels as well! You can begin a sentence with but if you want to bring attention to what you are talking about.

I hate getting those quests that give you a free promotion, I always forget twhat the promotion is and so all of the ones I have already built do't get the promotion because i already ahve it.

Are you sure it upgrades future ones too? I've only gotten such events when playing FfH (in which case I very frequently get such events but never if I own any of the units in question), and have never noticed getting the free promotion for new units. Of course, several other events borrowed from normal BtS don't really do much either (for instance, none of the diplomatic consequences ever occur), so this may just mean the event is broken in the current version of FfH. It will probably be removed and replace with something much better pretty soon anyway.

I remember getting a boat upgrade within a few turns of discovering sailing (or maybe I traded for it)...I didn't even have a single boat. I might have had a coastal city, or just founded one...can't remember which.

Are you sure it upgrades future ones too?

Yes, it does, at least in all these types of random events I've gotten.

All the more reason to delay promotions until just before battle... you never know when your Chariots might all get free Combat I, and it sux when you already bought Combat I for some of them. You can even delay promotions until after battle, to open up the possiblity of more GG poitns and get more healing.

I was ruining the AI's $#!+ in a Warlords (level) game of BtS. I had just secured the last batch of cities needed for a domination victory. All I needed to do was wait for them to emerge from revolt and their cultural borders would push me over the 60% mark. At the point where my land area was at 59.4% I get tasked with a quest to build 3 carriers, some other surface ships and X-number of fighters. My fleet totally had this already so I got it the next turn. The reward was all of units of those type were given free Combat I.
I was actually a cool event/quest, except just about every unit to be affected already Combat I and when the turn the reward took affect was the 2nd to last turn before I got my domination win.

I've been trying out SEs lately and I decided I'd try the Oracle- Metal Casting- Forge- Great Engineer- Pyramids trick and about halfway to my Engineer, a hurricane struck my capital and the forge was destroyed. :(

I hate random events. I never have luck in these events!
In one game, my capital suffered several 'hurricane' or something in a row in about 15 turns, which destroyed granery, library, market, forge and lighthouse, leaving nothing but wonders! Besides, I had have several games that got 'babarian-uproar' events in the first 30 turns, 4 archers stepped inside my border when I just finished building my first and last warrior. If it happens to all AIs in a game that early on low difficult levels, I will win conquest without even building any unit!

I just checked. I got a shock promotion for all axemen and it did apply to new ones I built.

When you get the upgrade to ships and you are in a non water map or have no ships.

Top Bottom