Language Troubles

Verdian

King
So, I just got a new laptop and have been trying to get FFH2 working on it. It has Windows Vista Home Premium. But, here is the catch: the OS is the Japanese version. When I load up FFH2, I get 12 XML load errors. If I skip all of these by hitting OK, the game loads up. But, all of the FFH2 specific text is gone, and replaced with the #TEXT markers. I screenshots of the errors, and as near as I can figure out, my computer is having trouble recognizing the foreign languages in the XML. My copy of Civ 4 and BTS are both English, and currently up to date (I use Steam, so they have to do be). I'd love to get some help on this. :confused:

Also, please note that the Y looking shapes with the two lines through it is the equivilant of a slash.

I am really hoping there is just some sort of language pack or excel update I can instal. :(

So, I managed to fix the problem over the weekend. All I had to do was change the language display to English. Really easy. ;)

You beat me to it. Congratulations on sorting it out. I'm using Japanese Windows out here, too, and it took a lot of trial and error, plus some really helpful hints from this forum to figure out I needed to change my global language settings in the control panel to English. And you figured it out all by yourself. Kudos!

Just a small caution. Some Japanese language software will then display data in a series of question marks, as the computer has been told it doesn't know how to read Japanese fonts. You just have to go back into your global language settings and switch them back to Japanese. (But then you need to switch it back to English every time you want to play Civ 4. Pain in the heinie, yes, but alas, it's the price we pay for having a spiffy Japanese OS). ;)

Have fun!

Top Bottom