Largest earth map available?

Strangely enough, I can't find it now, either. But I have a copy of the map on my computer. If anyone objects to it being uploaded here, PM me and I'll take it down.

Does it also exist for Beyond the Sword?

If I read the filename correctly, that TWCEarth has 256 x 128 = 32768 tiles.

Is that even playable anymore? I have heard some people complain that they can't play GEM, and that one is "only" 210 x 90 = 18900 tiles. Carter's Earth Map has 192 x 120 = 23040 tiles.

What is the largest map size that is still practical with a state-of-the-art PC today?

Attachments

• TWC_Earth_256x128_WLv0.03.zip
    123.9 KB · Views: 490
Yeah, it works. I don't like the map though. :p

:confused:
Sure that you replaced the map? Maybe you've put it into the wrong folder.

I'm sure it works, i've tried the map before i uploaded it here.

I'm sure I replaced it... and copied it to the Warlords PublicMaps foder.

I'll try copying to the BtS folder, might work that way.

Nope, no chance.

Yeah, it works. I don't like the map though. :p

*shortlyLooking* a bit monotonous in some areas, i guess?

I'm sure I replaced it... and copied it to the Warlords PublicMaps foder.

I'll try copying to the BtS folder, might work that way.

Nope, no chance.

No idea what could cause this.
I re-saved it as BtS map (which should not make a difference :crazyeye:), maybe try that (but delete the WL map first to avoid confusion, because both would show up).

Attachments

• TWC-BTS-Test.zip
    126.6 KB · Views: 362
*shortlyLooking* a bit monotonous in some areas, i guess?

No idea what could cause this.
I re-saved it as BtS map (which should not make a difference :crazyeye:), maybe try that (but delete the WL map first to avoid confusion, because both would show up).

Nope. It won't work. Maybe the 3.19 patch is somehow corrupting it? Thanks for your effort, though.

No, patches don't have any influence on the maps.
Like said, i can load the WL map just fine.

Are python exceptions actived in your BtS? Might want to try, if they reveal something.

Well, not that I know of. I don't think there are any. Maybe if I load the WB file from WB...

EDIT: Success! I just can't choose custom options without having to edit the file in notepad. The map isn't that good, either, so I don't lose that much.

Indeed, the TWC map is crap. It's not just that it has large stretches of identical terrain - a hundred hills/plains tiles here, two hundred grass/forest tiles there - but that it's also 100% devoid of special resources. No copper, no rice, no horses, nothing.

Top Bottom