Lazy scout syndrome

Smokeybear

Emperor
Ok. So I hate wandering about with a wounded scout, makes them too easy to instakill if they wander into a bad situation with sneaky barbs. So, many times in the course of their wanders, I have to park them to heal up in a 'safe' spot.

All good. Problem is, unlike other combat units, the <SNIP> don't alert you when they're done healing, and ask you what to do next. Nope, they just sit there quietly for eternity playing pinochle, all healed up and <SNIP> accomplishing nothing for milennia, while I'm needing to discover other civs and CS's for important business that isn't getting done.

If I had a memory, this wouldn't be a problem. But I have to read a sticky note (ewww) to remember where my nose is when it needs picked. Best of all worlds would be if the devs patched it up right so the li'l sumbeaches would alert you after they're done healing, but barring that, are there any mods that fix this problem? I know of one that tells you when the scout is one turn away from full healing, but this half-measure doesn't work for me, because it still needs another turn to be fully healed, so of course I tell it to heal another turn and then I still forget to go back on the next turn and direct it to go do something. I need to be alerted on the turn it heals, which seems like common sense to me.

Is there a way to get this simple yet elusive thing done? Don't know how many thousands of wasted scout-hours I've logged... <sigh>

Moderator Action: Please avoid using inappropriate language on these forms
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

On a related note, I wish mousing over the heal button (for any unit) told you how many turns like it did in CivIV.

Try hitting H instead of F to heal. When its done healing it will become active once again.

Oh, I am sure that Smokeybear is positive that he 'H'ealed the scout. Just as I am sure that he was mistaken.

When I encounter a problem, I'll at least confirm it before complaining, but that's just my own standards.

Try hitting H instead of F to heal. When its done healing it will become active once again.

Yeah, it sounds to me like you might accidentally be hitting F/choosing fortify instead of H/heal.

H tells the unit to wait until fully healed.
A tells it to wait until an enemy is nearby (barb or enemy civ).
F tells to to wait until you specifically give it an order.

In each case the unit will heal if not at full HP.

Yeah, it sounds to me like you might accidentally be hitting F/choosing fortify instead of H/heal.

H tells the unit to wait until fully healed.
A tells it to wait until an enemy is nearby (barb or enemy civ).
F tells to to wait until you specifically give it an order.

In each case the unit will heal if not at full HP.

I was not aware that A didn't alert you when the scout was healed, as that is what I always do with my military units, and I always seem to get a notification when they are done healing and ready for action. I was not aware that scouts needed to use H in order to get that benefit. Guess even an old dog can learn new tricks some days- thanks.

Woof Woof ;)

Also effective but kind of annoying . Is using your two movement points this way with a hurt scout or unit . 1 mp to move and heal on the 2nd . Of course you have to remember to manually click on him the next move . But that is effective for me sometimes if my scout is not to damaged or I am feeling lucky on that day lol

that wouldnt work, as a unit cant move and heal in the same turn unless it has the march promotion.

Top Bottom