Leader-specific Text Possible?

Ricemon

Chieftain
Questions here related to custom leader text.

So, I understand that in order to generate leader specific diplomacy text (for the example, lets call the leaderhead "Matthew"), the lines would look like this:

Spoiler :
<Response>
<Civilizations/>
<Leaders>​
<Leader>​
<LeaderType>LEADER_MATTHEW</LeaderType>​
<bLeaderType>1</bLeaderType>​
</Leader>​
</Leaders>
<Attitudes/>
<DiplomacyPowers/>
<DiplomacyText>​
<Text>AI_DIPLO_REFUSE_TO_TALK_ALL_NATIONS_1</Text>​
</DiplomacyText>​
</Response>

Now, WHAT IF I want to do the opposite? Instead of having just ONE LINE specific only to "Matthew", I want to have ONE LINE that every leader would use except for "Matthew". I've tried the following, which didn't work (note how I changed a variable from 1 to 0):

Spoiler :
<Response>
<Civilizations/>
<Leaders>​
<Leader>​
<LeaderType>LEADER_TRYING_TO_BE_UNIQUE</LeaderType>​
<bLeaderType>0</bLeaderType>​
</Leader>​
</Leaders>
<Attitudes/>
<DiplomacyPowers/>
<DiplomacyText>​
</DiplomacyText>​
</Response>

But adding a different leader to specifically use that text solved the problem:

Spoiler :
<Response>
<Civilizations/>
<Leaders>​
<Leader>​
<LeaderType>LEADER_MATTHEW</LeaderType>​
<bLeaderType>0</bLeaderType>​
</Leader>​
<Leader>​
<LeaderType>LEADER_ALFRED</LeaderType>​
<bLeaderType>1</bLeaderType>​
</Leader>​
</Leaders>
<Attitudes/>
<DiplomacyPowers/>
<DiplomacyText>​
</DiplomacyText>​
</Response>

Result was, leader "Matthew" will avoid using that "Refuse to Talk" line, while only leader "Alfred" will use that line.

Problem is, I don't want that line to be specific only to one leader, I want it to function as a generic line, but specific a leader(s) to avoid using it. I hope this is clear.

Second question,

Is there an existing script which enables AI controlled leaders to have unique dialogue based on player's chosen leader?

This might be a bit difficult to explain so I'll try my best here with an example.

I have chosen "Matthew" as my leaderhead and proceed to play a normal game of Civ. As I play, I eventually come into contact with an AI controlled leaderhead, who happens to be Matthew's older brother, Alfred. As I currently see in the unmodded game's XML scripts, Alfred will have the same text for the player regardless of the player's leaderhead. I love to have Alfred say several unique lines acknowledging the fact that the player's leaderhead is his brother. Vice-versa, if the player's leader is NOT Matthew, those unique lines will not be given.

Has it been done before and is this even possible?

Problem is, I don't want that line to be specific only to one leader, I want it to function as a generic line, but specific a leader(s) to avoid using it. I hope this is clear.

The only option here i see is just adding every other leaderhead to this text.
Not very intelligent, but can't see another possibility.

About the second question, i have no real idea :dunno:.

That's the option I resorted to, makes CIV4DiplomacyInfos a bigger mess then it already is.

Thanks for the response though, the 2nd question is highly unusual and tricky.

Most mods usually deal with game play and not the diplomacy interaction flavor text between AI and players. My mod happens to be heavy on custom diplomacy text and emphasis on the leaders' relations with each other story-wise.

Something like out of an RPG Simulation. Bleh

Top Bottom