Legalism fixed

Vidszhite

Ya Girl Juniper & Friends
Before GaK, it seemed like if you had already built a monument in any of your first 4 cities, it wasted the Legalism buff, which is a free culture building in your first 4 cities (logically it should have given you a temple, but it did not). Well, I built a monument in my capital before taking legalism, and it just gave me a free Amphitheater. My other cities still got monuments, but my capital got its free culture building after all.

Just thought you all should know. Sorry if it's been brought up, I saw nothing, and the searches all took me to the vanilla Civ V forums.

Before GaK, it seemed like if you had already built a monument in any of your first 4 cities, it wasted the Legalism buff, which is a free culture building in your first 4 cities (logically it should have given you a temple, but it did not). Well, I built a monument in my capital before taking legalism, and it just gave me a free Amphitheater. My other cities still got monuments, but my capital got its free culture building after all.

Just thought you all should know. Sorry if it's been brought up, I saw nothing, and the searches all took me to the vanilla Civ V forums.

I'm pretty sure I've used it before G&K to grab a bunch of temples or Museums or something other than monuments. I thought it would be wasted if there were no new culture buildings available, or if you had less than 4 cities.

You're supposed to get the cheapest available culture building not already built.

Like Vidszhite said, it didn't work properly before. If there were no available (un-built) culture buildings in some of your cities when you picked legalism, you would not get the next culture building as it became available either. This was a bug and it has now been fixed.

I'm pretty sure I've used it before G&K to grab a bunch of temples or Museums or something other than monuments. I thought it would be wasted if there were no new culture buildings available, or if you had less than 4 cities.

Exactly :) In a culture game with a 4 cities Egypt i used it to gain 4 opera house!

I find I'm using Tradition about 3/4 of the time now. LOVE getting those Aqueducts out before I've even teched to Engineering. :)

I did notice the finisher for Tradition says it gives a free Aqueduct. If you already have Aqueducts it switches them to (FREE) meaning no maintenance cost. If you complete it before you research the tech for aqueducts, it makes your granaries free instead.

I think with Siam getting mildly nerfed in the expansions (because the expansion UAs are just stronger than vanilla), they should go back to letting you have Wats without libraries.

Legalism, and indeed the entire Tradition tree is far superior than before IMO. Heck, I often take it rather than Liberty just to boost my wonder builds. Oligarchy is still not that useful, but Legalism? YES, definitely! I take it to get the free amphitheatre and then the free monuments in my three other cities afterwards, saves a lot of time and hammers.

Top Bottom