Less Hostile AI

mousep

Chieftain
Hi all,

In the holiday I dig out my copy of ToT and decided to play it again. I found that there is a less hostile version of MGE, but no ToT version, so I try to do my own hack. After some memory hacking I seems to locate the code that cause the AI to be hostile.

After a quick hack, it seems to work for me, but I didn't do a thorough test so there may be some side effects? Anyway I attach the hacked executable so any one interested can try. If there is any problem to attach executable (like copyright problem), please tell me. Maybe I'll write a simple program to do the patch instead (I'm lazy now :), so just post the executable).

Attachments

• civ2.7z
    535.3 KB · Views: 365
Anyway I attach the hacked executable so any one interested can try.
Which executable? I think the best place to start would be the one from Timbatron's site, which is ToT version 1.1 with a CPU usage fix (essential) and a no-CD crack. If it works, your hack just made the classic and FW versions of Civ2 redundant. From my point of view, the AI diplomacy model is the only thing that makes them worth playing. Some FW scenarios which use alliances may now actually work correctly when converted to ToT. Thanks for posting.
If there is any problem to attach executable (like copyright problem), please tell me.
I doubt anyone'll be too fussed 12 years later. Others have posted hacked executables here without incident. You still need the full game for it to be of any use.

Ah ha! I see you catfish! Long time lurker in the civ unlimited thread. Glad to see you two talking about some improvements. Unlike many civ2 players, I just have classic civ2. No MGE, no ToT, nor FW.

I see that there is a dl to convert my classic to MGE (If I have that right), and that would allow me to then use the civ unlimited dl? Is this indeed correct or have I misunderstood?

Glad to see you two talking about some improvements.
Only talking, in my case. I haven't actually done anything. ;)
I see that there is a dl to convert my classic to MGE (If I have that right), and that would allow me to then use the civ unlimited dl? Is this indeed correct or have I misunderstood?
Correct. You can 'upgrade' classic or FW to MGE using Cedric Greene's patch. Civ2 Unlimited only works with MGE and ToT.

I think my evil empire is going to bite the dust, so that I can try building without unit limits!:goodjob:

I must remember to keep a backup, just in case I mess things up terribly.

Top Bottom