Less sticky threads in Citizens Sub-Forum

I'm a suspect?!? I am apaulled and in outrage! actually, to be taken as the guilty party is actually quite satisfying :crazyeye: hahahahaha

Ehecatl Atzin

Well.... You might want to go and stay in greece.... ;)

I ask that anyone who started a current thread that is not an important game matter or an important game change to please ask for it to be unstuck.

Since we have so many important threads, and hence so many sticky threads, maybe we should further sub-divide the citizens' forum.

Edit: time for forum reorganization again?

I object to so many sticky threads. If it isn't important news for every citizen, it should not be sticky, IMHO. Such offending threads:
- Citizen groups (can not have a double-standard)
- Old threads, Defunct groups
- Closed issues
- Non-game related

I see perhaps half a dozen such sticky threads. I find them annoying. I also think it would be confusing for new citizens to be confronted with these first while searching for game-related information. Can we agree on a standard?

(Excuse the directness of this article, but it gets the point across without the wishy-washy political correctness - hey, I did put in IMHO! ;) )

I agree with CP. Particularly since citizen groups have an index thread in the main democracy forum! I too find the proliferation of sticky threads to be an annoyance - it's far too easy to miss interesting new threads in a quick scan of the fora when they're buried beneath a big pile of stick-o-rama.

I agree with chiefpaco, Eklektikos, and Zur. We should put all the sticky threads in a separate forum:lol: :lol: :D :rotfl:

This from our Code of Standards. Section A article 5.
Keep it clean - Sticky threads tend to accumulate. Each citizen has the responsibility to unstick threads that they have stuck when it is no longer appropriate. A thread should always be unstuck when it meets these criteria:

A. The thread is not one of those detailed above.
B. The thread has not had activity in a week or longer.
Perhaps another clause saying:
A thread may be stickied if it meets either of the following criteria:
- somehow relevant for everyone
- important ongoing game-related topic (like victory conditions, newbies group...)

Important, ongoing, and game-related are pretty vague, I admit. I wish I could come up with something more precise but not so specific to name types. I'd like our Mod to do a little friendly discriminating when it comes to applying the sticky substance. I don't think an addition to the CoS is absolutely necessary, but it might give the mod a bit of something to lean on. Of course, the citizens can object and maybe appeal to the Judiciary.

I agree... Maybe a list of what is allowed and what is not allowed?

Top Bottom