Lets organise a big cool game

PANIC!
Sorry, I got to go, one of my friends just lost his girlfriend. She dumped him!
If I'm not back in time for the game, start without me, because I'm probably not coming

I would have liked to play...
However my friend wasn't feeling very well, so I guess I made the right choise. However missing a game like this sucks. Hopefully I can be in the next one, besides I wasn't the one to suggest Thirsday to begin with. Since there weren't a friday or a saturday we might make it Sunday perhaps. Well it's just a thought. Otherwise next session shouldn't be on Tuesday next week, because that's one time I'll definetly won't play.

Sigh, once again it's fun to play with you guys...

well, the four of us that did show, and had the bandwith, sorry colin, had a good time. egypt moved along nicely switching to republic and built the great library. its military which had been practically non-existent for many centuries finally began to grow until it was a respectable force. unfortunately, due to a crowded situation egypts cities are closely spaced forcing its leaders to consider ways of acquiring more "lebensraum" as coined by a visiting philosopher from an uncivilised tribe...

Good for you!;)
Well, tell me when you play next. I'll get the vikings back on there feet after what the computer has done to it. Probably will be hard, but not impossible...

I think they started a new game :( so both rome and the vikings are lost to history.....

They did what:confused:

They can't have. Ofcourse they gave our civilizations to some computer, otherwise how or we to rejoin the game?
sigh...
I don't understand.
:egypt: We gone under even before the pharoahs entered the game in any big way...

No civ has been given to any computer: I don't even think that is possible. We started an other game, because we wanted to play.

This does definitely not mean that our game is over, I still have all the saves to start where we left last.
Of course the events in real-life are way more important than any civgame (no matter how cool they could be....).
But there are a number of problems to be taken care of. We have colin's problem with his internet connection, which is most of the time way too slow to play a normal Civgame.
Second is the msn-issue with Doshniel. It is really hard to make good appointments/suggestions on only this forum, since I don't check this forum daily. Therefore I ask Doshniel again to install MSN, and add some of us to the buddylist. MSN Messenger has no spyware or something, and is available by Microsoft, so there is nothing to be afraid of: it is only very usefull!

So I suggest that when Doshniel contacts me on MSN, we can make an appointment, which I will mail around, so we don't have to use this forum anymore.

But I've heard all kinds of things about the Msn. People recruit terrorists through it and there also a large amount of supicious murderlike aliens there who wants to eat you. The Kgb is out there looking for you and then there's terrible nightmare computer viruses, capable of mutating into frieghtning monsters with tentacles, that will eat you alive...

AAAAAAhhhhhh
I just got Msn and now I'm dying. They are eating me, NOOOOO

Serioulsy ok, I'll get it
=)
I will
Anything to make you guys happy...

I've got Msn now...
Hope you guys like that...
Ehh, well there's a chance that you will anyways, aren't there?

Guys, is there's great monster all over my screen what does it want?
It looks Hun AAAaaaahhhhh
AHHHAHHIHIiiii eeeeeeeehhh

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh..
Finally. At last. Incredibly. I'm here to play good C3C. Please. Please. Please, Doshniel, gert-janl, Rellin and others.. and specially Daftpanzer lets have the Best Game Ever running altogether in a marathoon of smashing Legions & War Chariots.. ancient cavalries raiding vast territories and small less fortunate kingdoms trying alliences just to survive. Imagine comercial orientated empires Vs. expansionistic Vs. militaristic Vs. maritime and Vs. whatever other civilization our eager minds make think of and carry on with.
Please, don't cramble my illusion. And above any other get ready to be in awe of my excelse culture.

Note: I may be available just any time .

I finally got my hands on a precious "Civilization 3: Conquests" :D
And BigBongo will have it very soon as well. ;)

This means we can play some cool C3C scenario's. Maybe it is a good idea to start a new game, in which IRicci (and maybe others as well) can join.

After this good news, I also have to post some sad news. Next week-end I will be away, and the entire week after that John isn't able to play, because he's not home.

So our next game (session) will be around 12 April (correct me if I am wrong) after Eastern. Too bad, but after that we can play C3C!!:)

Sure, I'd really like playing Conquest!

As I said before I've got Msn now, so just message me, if you have a game going. :D

Anyways, it's too bad it's going to take so much time to finish this particular game, but as you said we can always play several different games.

Daftpanzer said:
any updates? you guys still playing?
We were playing some games, but we haven't played for a couple of weeks now. There is not a real reason for that.
Let us know when your internet connection improves :D

I guess everyones busy for some strange reason, meanwhile my connection is working fine :rolleyes:

Anyways I had to destroy a few viruses on my harddrive and so I wiped out everything on my computer :nuke:

Now I'm in control! :king:

How about playing something really, really soon. :)

Im back at university and my connection is generally good these days, good enough to play UT2004 demo online and acutally be able to drive the vehicles instead of there a three second delay between pressing a key and moving forward :lol:

Id like to play, and i can be online any day in the evenings and sometimes in the afternoon. But, i also have some work left to do for uni, and ill be leaving soon, about the 21st may ill be off home, where there is only dial up interenet for a few minutes at a time :(

So, id like to play, assuming my unviersity work doesnt take too much time, but after a couple of weeks i wont be able to anymore :cry:

I'd like to play too, but no one seems to be online
So I don't even get to speak to anyone on the bloody msn either. Gert-Jan is ofcourse the only one who has my e-mail adress though
Once again it's Diendiadre@hotmail.com.
Now, if we only could play a bit, I'll be happy.
Seriously we haven't even spoken about it thouroughly!
Say something people...
Are we going to play or not????

Hello,

Would you be interested in having your own website? If so, let me know, and I will give you all the features it would supply.

Domain: www.civ3.clint-keyclub.uni.cc ( It's long, but you can create www.(whatever-you-want).tk - ;) )
Host: inuration.net
Design: The phpBB Forums, News, Calendar. Easily editable through Powerful Adminstrator.

No cost at all for you. Of course, I would be willing to enter in this game, also. :) We could call it a "Clan" and host these weekly games along with anything else. Whatever comes to mind...

My Contacts: MSNm, AIM: Holynight07@msn.com , ICQ: 335784470

Hi, am i member of civ3players ladder, and i've played over 500+ ladder games, All different scenarios, i've played standard ancient, Medieval, Industirous,Modern starts, team games QC , 1vs1, epics, the only problem with MP is that #1 its very unstable, and #2 it takes to long to get anywhere, but what i've been playing recently are 1vs1 non accel prod continant epic games and they rock.I play with friends who are dedicated to finishing them, we save and reload whenever, we can somtimes get up to industrial age in 1 sitting,normally takes around 6 hours, but it is extremely worthwhile.and you get a feel for the 'full' civ game, as opposed to normaly 100turn 3 hour ladder games that are getting tedious now.

as for a bigger game i would strongly recommend that you have a 6 player limit this is to help with the flow of the game, and to avoid major lag drops OOS that would over time ruin the game and the fun and the effort put into it.

Top Bottom