1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's Play Civ 5 (YouTube Playthrough)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by quill18, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Nick Doom

Nick Doom Chieftain

Ow forgot to add you can raze Occupied Cities from the city screen if you un-puppet them (but not occupied capitals)

they should help your happyness :)

2. The Pilgrim

The Pilgrim Chieftain

Awesome, quill18!
    Quite educational yet very entertaining. At certain moments I enjoyed watching your videos more than actual playing Civ5 by myself. :crazyeye: How sick is that? :lol:

I'm extremely happy to see the new session has been uploaded. Gonna check it right now. :)

Good luck an keep up the excellent work!

3. Sirotnikov

Sirotnikov Chieftain

pretty fun to watch :)
    though sometimes i find myself shouting at the screen since you sometimes forget to do stuff, or don't notice stuff going on infront of you.

like a whole bunch of units getting promoted who you ignored, while watching the screen and seeking what to do next, and other stuff.

but i guess it's natural, and being a passive viewer makes it easier to notice stuff.

also, your poly thread had some responses too.

4. Poorly deluded

Poorly deluded Chieftain

Quill I know exactly what you mean about the first turn in Civ. It is the amount of possibilities that you know are open to you without knowing how the terrain around you will affect them. Glory in it.

5. mattkaru

mattkaru Chieftain

I am loving this! Very entertaining and fun to watch.

But yeah, you accidentally turned the sound off when you tried to stop echo but there was no echo. No big deal but now you know! :)

6. The Pilgrim

The Pilgrim Chieftain

What a little annoying twist! I guess this is good, the game became just too easy. :D

Couple of thoughts...

Looks like MM is still the way to go. My impression is (I can be wrong) you've kinda ignored it so the long term result isn't as overwhelming as it could be. Specializing cities obviously crucial as well. I believe default focus means growth. In this case cities eat a lot, produce nothing and happiness cripples. Maybe you should check avoid growth option. Also earlier in the game you could hook up some additional resources like pearls and having more than one trade multiple luxuries for AI's only ones you're missing.

I haven't tried nukes yet. But it's probably possible to prioritize the most productive city to build the Manhattan Project and at the same time focus all the others on making money to upgrade your current units and probably buy some missiles. Or just another modern units to wipe out the capitals without nukes. It's not as much fun though. :D Anyway if I get an accurate picture you have to MM before making any critical moves.

Good luck! :)

7. BufordTJustice

BufordTJustice Chieftain

Hey, watched the first 10 or so episodes last night.

Made me start a game and it was fun. I would recommend a lot of people in the general forums just set aside their negative attitude for some time and just try to ENJOY A GAME! Because it is this playthrough that shows that you can have fun with it. An that's the purpose of a game IIRC.

No need to say that CiV contains bugs and has balancing issues at. I am confident it will be fixed.

I just started a random game (Play now!) and it gave me the Americans on a standard continets map. I just wanted to check around a bit and ended up playing till 2 am... :mischief:

Thank you quil18 for doing this. It could be a therapy! Someone should post a link in the general forums. (Or maybe not, if you fear the hordes entering this thread and the youtube comments... ;))

Best regards,

Buford

8. Clammo

Clammo Chieftain

Only 5 or 6 minutes into the first video here and I've already cracked up laughing a couple of times at your totally excessive enthusiasm, it's really humorous to listen to, keep it up.

9. anjinsan1966

anjinsan1966 Chieftain

I really like your Lets play,funny and educational too :) Keep up the good work!!

10. Strahlemann

Strahlemann Chieftain

I like your videos.. your style of commenting them is very cool.. :goodjob: Just discovered you're let's play of "master of magic". I hope you're going to do more vids of old games like this.

11. cracked

cracked Wierdo.

I've just watched part 35 and 36....

There are not enough smilies in the world to express just how much I laughed. Something I apologiese for.

Looking through some of your own cities it didn't surprise me that you had such problems.

I'm wondering, if you were playing another game, how you would do things differently to avoid the money and happiness issue you faced?

12. cracked

cracked Wierdo.

Aside from that, a very entertaining set of videos.

13. Revoran

Revoran Chieftain

just watched them all, MOAR VIDEOS! ;)

14. Biffa001

Biffa001 Chieftain

about halfway through and enjoying them greatly. Thanks :)

15. i_imperator

i_imperator Imperator

What recording software do you use, Cam studio works well for TMIT's Civ V LP's... Thanks for the vids, they have been very informative and entertaining to watch :D

16. Mzrokks

Mzrokks Rammy VS the World

I actually downloaded Parts 1-3 to watch on my Mp4 player today, BEFORE I found this thread!
    How's that for coincidence? ;)
    I'll be following the Babylon game - and your enthusiasm is inspiring! :p

17. Mosher

Mosher Mushroom dad

It's either my computer or the video, but I can't run video 3 after 5:34. It pauses and I can't fastfoward or unpause it.

Nevermind. I fixed it by refreshing the page.

18. sanjay_111

sanjay_111 Chieftain

If you are still seeing this thread, I have a question (if you don't mind my asking). At what level did you play Bollywood achievement ? I am viewing your youtube videos now and am curious about it.

Sanjay

oh, btw, Vijayanagara is nearly Bangalore ! Look up V'nagara on wiki and you will probably understand. I was smiling when you renamed V'nagara

19. quill18

quill18 Chieftain

I believe it is on King difficulty.

20. Mzrokks

Mzrokks Rammy VS the World

Hey Quill18, three comments about your Babylon videos...

1. Your mother-in-law sounds cool! ;)
    2. How do you know so much about bananas??? :eek:
    3. The Brussels Mafia will be at your place in six minutes, where they will "Teacha thatta stupid moron abouta French history!"