[LH] Constantine the Great

Ekmek, about the armor, I did some reolor to differentiate from the augustus armor. If you like one of them, I can send you the dds files.

If someone want one of them, i can upload it also.

:eek: Those look cool. Unfortunately I just cant recolor that well. Would it be too greedy to ask you to post all the DDS files? I may do more Romanizing in the future. For Constantine I like the red background with gold one.

PS what did you do that with? and more importantly how?

Ekmek, about the armor, I did some reolor to differentiate from the augustus armor. If you like one of them, I can send you the dds files.

If someone want one of them, i can upload it also.

I like the top right best, please upload the dds files ;)

:eek: Those look cool. Unfortunately I just cant recolor that well. Would it be too greedy to ask you to post all the DDS files? I may do more Romanizing in the future. For Constantine I like the red background with gold one.

PS what did you do that with? and more importantly how?

You both prefer the top right, personnally I prefer the top left (with a black laurier crown) :D

I'll post the dds.

I make this in photoshop, but Pain Shop pro can do the same thing (Gimp too probably, but I never use Gimp).

It's really simple, you only have to select the part you want to recolor (for exemple, the armor decoration). For a good selection, the two main tools that you have to use is (in Photoshop) the magic wand (with different tolerance) and the magnetic lasso. After, you recolor with your image/adjust/and than, you have all you need to recolor. The two main things you'll need to recolor is Hue/Sat/Light adjust and Bright/Light adjust. If you need better explanations, tell me and I'll develop more.

Some more? Cool! I like the 2 on the farthest right, the white and gold one in the lower left hand corner, and the Silver one 2nd from right at the bottom. ;) I think I'm in agreement about the top right being one of the best, and I'd include the Maximus look-alike armor below it, as well as the white and gold of the lower left being pretty close, IMO. :)

He said laurel crown. Now he's got me curious. :D

By the way, Ekmek. There's no need to give me any credit for this. Thank you for being so kind, but all I did is request it. You did all the work. :)

What does every one think his attributes should be?

I was thinking that Philisophical, Spiritual, Imperialistic, Charismatic, Expansive and Organized might all be candidates.

Organized and Expansive are options because of how fast he was able to create Constantinople into a super city (Not to mention the rest of the Eastern Empire/Byzantium) so fast, and how it became such a boom town of riches. Charismatic for his the way his famous battle victories went and also his decisions to end the persecution of Christianity (the happiness bonus of Charismatic) along with the lasting effect he had to create the Nova Roma (Byzantine) empire, and Imperialistic also for those famous battles and how he seeked to re-solidify Rome. Philisophical and Spiritual are self explanitory. Spiritual probably fits better according to the bonus' the game gives for them.

Favorite Civic should be either Organized Religion or Theocracy, with Representation or Hereditory rule secondary options. (His son became emperor of the western empire.)

What do you guys think?

I'll realease all in a zip pack. Maybe Ekmek you can update your file with the red and gold one because everyone seems to like it (and it's one of my favorite too)

About the Laurel crown, I said Laurier because it's how it called in french and I was to lazy to search in the dictionnary. I knew that it was something close in english :D

For the recolor, if you're usin PSP9, you should be fine. I have PSP7 and it works perfectly. It's in Colors/Adjust/HueSatLight and than play with the sliders. If you want a complete color change, press the colorize checker. My advice is : don't move a lot the light slider. After that you have a hue and saturation that you like, go in colors/adjust/BrightContrast and than, adjust the light with the contrast.

Yeah I'll reupload it and make it modular too.

All the dds can be found here : http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8833

I can't wait to see your other romanized stuff and the new Constantine :D

I would like to see a roman Agressive/Industrious leader or Charismatic/Industrious leader. Don't know wich emperor/general/consul would fit those combo trait ? But if someone have an idea, it could be a nice occasion to use an other of my armor. Also, I really like the top left (black and brownred), maybe I can create a helmet in the same color to use with. Well, I think we never have egnough roman emperor. And thos armor can probably fit for some early byzantium (and maybe other ancient civ) leader no ?

Well... back on the topic, should Constantine be avilable to both Roman and Byzatium civ, like my CharlesV LH that can lead Spain and HRE ? Or it should be roman only or Byzantium only ?

I don't want to drop any hints on other Roman emperors I'm going to do like Marcus Aurelius and a fat, ugly Nero. :)

:lol: Entertainment needs it's villians!

Suddenly I'm gettin an urge to try and create a mod scenerio for the Roman tetrarchic civil war. Maxentius, Maximium, Lucidius, Diocletian, Galerius, and Constantine, etc. It was a huge power struggle with alliances formed and broken, while the most charasmatic got the most loyalty of the soldiers, and conquest of rome earned the undesputed title of Augustus the official Emperor of Rome.

I'm thinking it could be done like the Japanese Tokugawa one in Civ III Conquests.

Top Bottom