Liberation is a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherlock probably doesn't have BNW because it should work on it, Vanilla and Gods n Kings had this problem.

Liberating Cities is just "nice", but reviving a civ is super duper nice. One time Austria was conquerde by Portugal, and after I had liberated them, they gave me their vote in the UN.

i liberated the capital. i was going for culture victory at the time. liberating ashurbanipal capital meant napoleon would have to take it to attack the one city i had in northern europe. buffer zone....oh and it also meant napoleon only had his own capital instead of 2.

Liberating Cities is just "nice", but reviving a civ is super duper nice. One time Austria was conquerde by Portugal, and after I had liberated them, they gave me their vote in the UN.

Yeah, 4 extra votes in World Leader is very good. I've accidentally won Diplo thanks to reviving civs before, when I was going for spaceship instead.

All the same...

Spoiler :

Attila is so ungrateful! Still, would he not give you his UN vote? Despite his attitude, do you have a DoF? I have liberated civs that hate me, seems to work okay.

*Liberate Madrid*

Next turn: "You have a lot of troops around my city, are you coming to war with me?!"

:cringe:

This is not Europa Universalis IV, welcome to Civilization V. Diplomacy means nothing in this game.

Well, it's a useful way to manipulate, steal, pillage, rip-off, and otherwise abuse mechanics the AI is so stupid at it. If you mean, diplomacy cannot ever generate real friends, alliances, or partners...so true, I never count on any AI to stick with me and usually have a contingency plan for when they whole world will randomly decide I'm trash and attack me.

Civ V! Teaching players to be sociopaths since 2010! :lol: I've certainly become a lot less nice since learning this iteration. I used to actually respect my AI friends and feel I needed to be "faithful" to them. Then I learned how they do things. Now I'm always thinking of the angles.

Next turn: "You have a lot of troops around my city, are you coming to war with me?!"

Usually that dialog is my cue to DoW! Did you have any ambitions to war with Spain at some later point?

Talk about ungrateful, I think I got that prompt once from a civ I resurrected! I also find the third-party DoW requests against a civ I resurrected to be just as ridiculous.

Well, it's a useful way to manipulate, steal, pillage, rip-off, and otherwise abuse mechanics the AI is so stupid at it. If you mean, diplomacy cannot ever generate real friends, alliances, or partners...so true, I never count on any AI to stick with me and usually have a contingency plan for when they whole world will randomly decide I'm trash and attack me.

Civ V! Teaching players to be sociopaths since 2010! :lol: I've certainly become a lot less nice since learning this iteration. I used to actually respect my AI friends and feel I needed to be "faithful" to them. Then I learned how they do things. Now I'm always thinking of the angles.

In a technical sense, you're right, but it makes no sense have you can have 5 green modifers and just one dark red modifer and they suddenly become hostile to you.

Another obvious example of this is the "Friend I have a matter to discuss" event, where you are either asked to denounce X civ, or let the Civ asking you to denounce x Civ denouce you. When you do denounce that leader, suddenly the Civ that asked you to denouce is now your enemy because everyone hates you for denoucing that leader.

Another one? Sure! X civ has become a nuicense, will you help me crush them? *Accepts 10 turns/immediate war. *Sexy red modifer shows up* "They have early concerns about your warmongering, They hate warmongers! ....Wtf?

Even another one, taking a city, means that every civ is going to hate you if they already don't like it, literally, one mesely city and I don't care if it is fourty pop city or a one pop, if you take it, they're going to be pissed off at you for some time and constantly re-denouce you every fifty turns. Taking cities back in the days meant nothing to a concern of war-mongering, gobbling up ENTIRE countries, however did.

I just liberated Washington - gave him back his capital city.

He's guarded and in a few turns he's denouncing me. The only person I went to war with was the person who WIPED HIM OUT.

This is maybe the most annoying thing about CiV.
liberating an ai city gives 30 plus dip.
your dip with him was probably bad before that.

Moderator Action: Game has changed significantly since this thread went dormant. Please start a new thread if you wish to discuss this. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom